The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are just a few of the Scriptures which are the reason I believe that Jesus Christ is God (but He is definitely NOT the Father):

Revelation 5:8: When He had taken the Book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
    Revelation 5:9: And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the Book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
    Revelation 5:10: have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the Earth."
    Revelation 5:11: Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
    Revelation 5:12: saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."
    Revelation 5:13: And every created thing which is in Heaven and on the Earth and under the Earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."
    Revelation 5:14: And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    There is nothing in human experience and nothing in the Scriptures that is so unscientific and so contrary to reason.

Perhaps that's the problem.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Herk- you seem to be under the false impression that I don't read my bible and recieve instruction from the holy spirit. Second I am a big girl and wrote this whole thread on my own, except for the Explanation of the greek-which I explained I was copying. I understand it must be strange for some to understand and accept the trinity. You seem to think that it is impossible that one God could have three parts, because it's among other things you claim, not scientific? As christians we believe far stranger things than three persons in one God. Jesus walked on water, raised the dead, and turned water into wine. Many of these things would be considered "unscientific"

I guess there really can be no end to this debate, we could certainly go on if you wish, but It seems neverending. I guess to me the scriptures are clear. I believe the scriptures support trinitarianism. If you don't that is certainly your right. You seem to be passing all my arguments off without even truly addressing them. I don't mean to get into an argument, but what is your comment about when you ask me if I even understand what he is saying by being the first and the last? Of course I know what he's saying. The Alpha and the Omega is the first and the last. That is what God (Jehovah)says he is and then that is what Jesus says he is.Instead of trying to tell me I don't know what I'mtalking about, I think we should address directly what is being discussed.How can there be 2 Alphas and Omegas? I feel you have responded this way to many of my arguments. Maybe there can be conclusion to this argument.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Ozzie.

That's not the problem, that's the whole point!

Even for unbelievers, IF there was a God, who was powerful enough to create the universe and was an Eternal Being, this would mean that he existed outside of our dimension, was outside of our experience and would appear unscientific to us. He would also be beyond our total comprehension and reason.

Pub

• meadow77
    meadow77

Again you didn't really deal with what I was saying about a man and his wife becoming one. Many people who claim the trinity does not exist, say that there is no way that both Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit could be one because

who did Jesus pray to?

Who ran heaven while Jesus was being crucified

and questions of the like. What I was attempting to show is that clearly God knows that seperate entities can be of one soul.Just as a man and a women, when they become one are still seperate people, however spiritually they are one. What I was trying to show is that in the same way God can be three seperate entities and still be one spiritually. and why do you not remember God referring to himself as I Am to Moses. Please tell me if you still do not think this ever took place and I will locate the passage for you

• meadow77
    meadow77

one more question if you don't mind

Why was Jesus crucified?

What were the Jews laws for putting someone to death according to your studies?

O.k. I lied, two questons

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    this would mean that he existed outside of our dimension

That's about it, Pubsinger. Christian belief is that God created time and space, and so is not bound by it. This is something that the WTS have been unable to grasp, or if they do, then their publications are deliberately obscuring it.

With regard to the Trinity debate itself, this has been argued back and forth for nigh on two thousand years by minds better than ours. I see no reason to think it will be "solved" here.

But I guess it's fun trying!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• meadow77
    meadow77
    Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water-Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey Ozzie-

good to hear from you!

And just in case you didn't notice I'm no longer a newbie.LOL

I was starting to wonder what a person had to do to get bumped up around here.hahhahahaha

Edited by - meadow77 on 28 November 2002 4:55:2

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Meadow,

You just have to endure to the end! So, endure, Brother!!!

I still think that this topic can only go on and on and on and on and on and on..........

Get my drift?

Cheers, Ozzie

• meadow77
    meadow77

Ozzie-I do get your drift

But lest you wonder if I am always so serious and unyielding, I do have a lighter side. You should check out my thread called Grandmas Letter. I found it funny anyway, and isn't half the funny laughing at your own jokes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit