The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

IW,

If you want a good reminder at what it's like to be shunned......just try and get in between these dudes. They have a one track mind on each other and don't hear or read any other thoughts other than the one their arguing with. Will Penn and I both have tried to give some thought such as you have and gotten nowhere. The little response you got is about all your gonna get.

Just thought I'd clue you in and make a major DIG while I was at it!

• garboru
    garboru

If God were a trinity...

In the beginning was the Logos,
    and the Logos was with The Trinity,
    and the Logos was The Trinity.

Yes! I can see it now!

Is the Logos three persons in one God?

1x1x1=1?

OR!

1x1x1x1=1

maybe the trinity is a quintinity!

gar

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Joseph, then you deny scripture. What I said was taken directly from it.

SwedishChef,

Using the erroneous response the Jews uttered does not a proof make.

You completely misinterpreting these verses, Joseph. The "sons" of God better translate the "children" of God. See for yourself!

Do you thing this plural rendering changes everything somehow?

Son of God

The plural, "sons of God, " is used #Ge 6:2,4 to denote the pious descendants of Seth. In #Job 1:6 38:7 this name is applied to the angels. Hosea uses the phrase #Ho 1:10 to designate the gracious relation in which men stand to God. In the New Testament this phrase frequently denotes the relation into which we are brought to God by adoption #Ro 8:14,19 2Co 6:18 Ga 4:5,6 Php 2:15 1Jo 3:1,2 It occurs thirty-seven times in the New Testament as the distinctive title of our Saviour. He does not bear this title in consequence of his miraculous birth, nor of his incarnation, his resurrection, and exaltation to the Fathers right hand. This is a title of nature and not of office.

This article was written by a Trinitarian and goes on to support trinitarianism but it still shows that singular or plural the titles shown are of nature and not of office. This nature is that of someone without sin and/or justified. That is what Trinitarians fail to grasp.

Joseph

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Title "Son of Man" means Man.

It would seem logical that the Title "Son of God" means God.

Was "Son of God" used as a Special Title for Adam?

I don't think so.

All angels are called "sons of God" -- but is that a Special Title given to them?

Christians are called "sons of God", even now in their Im-perfect condition, Christians are called "sons of God", but is that a Special Title?

The Bible calls Jesus "The Only-Begotten Son", "The Unique Son", "The One-And-Only Son".

Please let me know who else was called by those Titles.

If I went around and called myself THE Son of God, the Pharisees and the Jews would have known what I meant.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 3 December 2002 23:54:33

• herk
  • herk
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Herk,

Please let us all know WHAT would happen if they found out that Preacher in your Cartoon was Lying?

• herk
    herk

Meadow77 had not even one Bible answer to the points I made in my last post to her. So what does she do? She does the only thing that any typical Trinitarian knows how to do: She makes up all kinds of false charges in an effort to tell me off.

No theologians or scholars can be accepted, unless they are used by you.
    No greek or hebrew can mean something unless you say it does.
    No translation is acceptable unless you use it.
    God could not possibly be saying something unless you think it's clear.
    You are a self righteous hypocrite.
    Are you on drugs?
    Liar liar pants on fire.
    I am not sure I have ever meant someone as pompous as you.
    You seem to have alot of growing up to to.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Gar said:

If God were a trinity...

In the beginning was the Logos,
    and the Logos was with The Trinity,
    and the Logos was The Trinity.

Yes! I can see it now!

Is the Logos three persons in one God?

1x1x1=1?

OR!

1x1x1x1=1

maybe the trinity is a quintinity!

gar

The Logos/Word is Jesus Christ (the Son).

When Jesus and the Father are mentioned the same Verse, the Father is either called "God" or "Father".

John 1:1 is saying "The Word (Jesus) was with God (the Father) and the Word (Jesus) was God (the Son)."

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 4 December 2002 1:5:4

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Herk said:

Meadow77 had not even one Bible answer to the points I made in my last post to her. So what does she do? She does the only thing that any typical Trinitarian knows how to do: She makes up all kinds of false charges in an effort to tell me off.

Hmmm, well, you know what, my experience with Unitarians hasn't been real good either.

Let's see, the JW's -- SHEESH!

Then there's Herk.

So, I would say my experience with Unitarians hasn't all been real great either.

However, there is also JosephMalik, who I think is a good person and Christian, and I respect and understand his beliefs even though I don't agree with them, and I think he at least respects my beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit