The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• herk
    herk

The Way Trinitarians Read the Bible (Part Two)

What the Bible Actually Says at Genesis 1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image.

The Way Trinitarians Read Genesis 1:26: And the Trinity said, Let us make man in the image of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.

What the Bible Actually Says at Genesis 3:22: And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us.

The Way Trinitarians Read Genesis 3:22: And the Trinity said, Behold, the man is become as one of us members of the Trinity.

What the Bible Actually Says at Genesis 11:7: Let us go down.

The Way Trinitarians Read Genesis 11:7: Let us as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost go down.

What the Bible Actually Says at Numbers 6:24-26: The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

The Way Trinitarians Read Numbers 6:24-26: God the Father bless thee, and keep thee: God the Son make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: God the Holy Ghost lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

What the Bible Actually Says at Isaiah 6:3: Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

The Way Trinitarians Read Isaiah 6:3: Holy is God the Father, Holy is God the Son, and Holy is God the Holy Ghost: the whole earth is full of their glory.

What the Bible Actually Says at Isaiah 6:8: I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?

The Way Trinitarians Read Isaiah 6:8: I heard the voices of the Trinity, saying, Whom shall we send, and who will go for God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost?

What the Bible Actually Says at Revelation 4:8: Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

The Way Trinitarians Read Revelation 4:8: Holy God the Father, Holy God the Son, Holy God the Holy Ghost, Holy Trinity Almighty, which were, and are, and are to come.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, you said
    Meadow77 had not even one Bible answer to the points I made in my last post to her. So what does she do? She does the only thing that any typical Trinitarian knows how to do: She makes up all kinds of false charges in an effort to tell me off.

Herk, you realize that the dozen or so posts from you have been ONLY NAME CALLING. As a refutation, all you do is call people blind, unsensible, decieved, etc. The list of insults is quite large.
    My advice to you is stop acting like that little baby animation you conjured up.

You still haven't refuted Micah 5:2. The Messiah has an everlasting past.
    Why don't you stop avoiding Scripture and just accept it. Accept the fact that you can't understand the nature of God, and just trust what the Scriptures say.

• herk
  • SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk,
    There is simply no way you can explain away all of the Scripture that I have presented to you over the last few weeks. I think it's time for you to quit it with the childish insults and start taking the Bible for what it says. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." You constantly make fun of us for believing in "three headed gods" and such, when you are the one who actually believes in multiple gods! The Bible says that there is ONE God, ONE Creator, and ONE who is worthy of worship.

Throughout the centuries, the Trinitarians have been the ones to faithfully deliever the Gospel message. The message of Christ, His sacrifice, His resurrection, and His mercy. The message that "by grace are ye saved, and not though works." I'm not saying every Church that teaches the Trinity is a truthful one. The Catholic Church (otherwise known as the great apostate church) is the prime example. But the ones who have faithfully proclaimed the Gospel over the centuries happen to be Trinitarians. By insulting the Trinitarians on this forum you are insulting some of the most God-devoted people who ever lived. One example is Charles Spurgeon, won countless souls to the cause of Christ. And you certainly can't call him stupid. But most importantly, above all, you are insulting God. I know you don't think you are, but it is true. By your arrogant remarks I gather that you think you completely understand an omnipotent, ever existant Being. If God's Word says that "the Word was God", the Messiah's goings forth have been "from everlasting", and by Jesus "all things were made", then you should believe it. Don't care about whether it makes sense or not, for you will never completely understand the existence of God. He "dwells in the light no man can approach unto." The problem with you is that you do not search the Scripture with your heart, you search it completely with logic. Well guess what. Logic can't explain the existence of God period. It takes faith. Search the Scripture "comparing things spiritual with thing spiritual." I have given you many a verse to prove my point, and so has Undisfellowshipped and the other Trinitarians here.
    I'm saying this to you in a sincere manner. Not decietful, hateful, and certainly not drugged-up. The God that I believe in, the God of the Bible, died for me; the God you believe in created someone else to die for you.

• gumby
    gumby

Did you guys know that the Jews idea of a Messiah was one who would deliver them. He would not die at the hands of man. When Jesus told Peter he was going to be 'delivered up" Peter said.......no way Lord.....not you. Peter was simply stating what Jews believed about the Messiah.....yet Jesus jumped his case.....why?

Because the NT bible writers believed about Christ what the gnostics did......only literally. And what did they believe?

You guys figure it out......look it up. You aren't going to acknowledge what I said anyway.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

"Did you guys know that the Jews idea of a Messiah was one who would deliver them. He would not die at the hands of man. When Jesus told Peter he was going to be 'delivered up" Peter said.......no way Lord.....not you. Peter was simply stating what Jews believed about the Messiah.....yet Jesus jumped his case.....why?"

You are absolutely right, the Jews did believe that the Messiah would deliever them. And He did--just not in the way they were expecting. Jesus is the deliverer of sins. He fulfilled every prophecy in the Old Testament to the fullest detail.

Isaiah 53:2-12

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
    3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
    9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
    10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

• herk
  • SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, I can now see what you place on an equal plane with the Bible, foolish cartoons. Your scoffings are noted. Your pathetic cartoons offer no refutation to Scripture. It, in fact, mocks it.
    I can safely say that whatever testimony you had is now flushed down the jon.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, you just a "typical" Unitarian.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Herk - you are a liar, just like you accuse everyone else of being. In my post before I told you how ridiculous you were being, I addressed your points. As I pointed out all you do when shown an argument contrary to what you believe, you name call, and refuse to accept any translations or definitions unless they are approved by you. Instead of using the bible you call people cry babies, drug users, typical trinitarians, and the list goes on and on, But should anyone say anything to you, What me? I'm perfect. I'm herk. I know everything, and no-one can refute me. Yet time and time again people do, and you simply ignore them, or start posting your ridiculous cartoons. I guess in your own mind you are a master at argument, but really your'e just a bully who refuses to play by the same rules as everyone else. Everyone else here has debated your points without being inflammatory, or rude. But you as a typical unitarian have to result to name calling and belittling behavior. And you want people to come out and play with you.If we are all so beneath you, why don't you start your own thread, and that way you can get your ego stroked by people more on your level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit