• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I am also labeling myself:

POTATO2015.RE.INCROYABLE.KARLMARX.BANANA.UNCLEFESTER

Best,

BOC

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yep, and as we've progressed, if some maniac came to us to debate fairy existence, we don't debate with them, we just tell them to seek help, the god debate will likely be the same in a few decades. I like the fairy analogy, there is nothing to say one day the folklore of GOD will go the way of the fairy.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Semantics aside at some point with fallacy and all you have to say

Would you say the same if I said:

There is no evidence that God does not exist, therefor God must exists?

You would take issue with this fallacy would you not?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Absolutely. But that's because its utterly ridiculous lol

i feel like I'm taking cray pills over here.

You guys spend too much time on wikipedia reading fallacy definitions, I think they serve a fantastic purpose but are abused in these atheist bashing threads.

So if I use a fallacy to mock you for believing in fairies does that make them real because i used a fallacy????

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    Qcmbr you might be the forth or fifth person in this thread to ask that lol I know I did, cofty did, they love to stir it up for no reason

The Theists probably ran away when they realized it would be a slaughter :P

10 vs 1 Would not be a favorable fight ;)

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

freemindfade:

Semantics aside at some point with fallacy and all you have to say, fairies don't make sense. Not only do they not exist (which I cannot prove) it is ridiculous to believe in them

And there are plenty of "intelligent" people who would believe in those ridiculous things. For example, Sir Conan Doyle, the author of the Sherlock Holmes detective series, literally believed in fairies and wrote a book trying to document their existence. That included photographs which were faked by two teenage girls using paper cutouts and photographed themselves with those cut outs. Why did he have such a belief? He was a Theosophist and it was one of their beliefs.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Because they never have a point, its like they didn't think it through. and ran out of road after someone asks that question.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    You guys spend too much time on wikipedia reading fallacy definitions, I think they serve a fantastic purpose but are abused in these atheist bashing threads.
    So if I use a fallacy to mock you for believing in fairies does that make them real because i used a fallacy????

You fail to understand that this is a argument about Gnostic vs Agnostic. (certainty vs uncertainty)

We are not debating the existence of God, we are debating if you can be sure of his existence/non existence.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

BOC,

POTATO2015.RE.INCROYABLE.KARLMARX.BANANA.UNCLEFESTER

I believe this IS crazy enough to be potato :)

Village Idiot

I have never read 'The coming of the fairies', but now that I know about it I will have to.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'll say it again,

Atheism (which honestly atheists wouldn't have to call themselves but I believe the name had to be made for religious folks primitive minds to understand we don't buy their bullshit god) is the lack of belief in a god(s), not a CLAIM they don't exist. I feel comfortable saying YHWH most certainly does not seem to exist. As for some undefined god, or just things we don't understand yet, no one can know.

Maybe we are a computer program, maybe we were engineered by another alien race, or maybe we are a dream... i could make a list a mile long, none of it is founded in anything.

At the end of the OP he says "Until this Hypothesis is Disproven, classifying yourself as an "Atheist" is Un-Scientific."

Well i agree... I think atheism is not scientific, its making up a word to tell religiots that we don't believe in their god, so atheism is born from theology so they can define us, not define ourselves.

Muslim? Im an Allah atheist

JW? I'm a jehovah atheist

_Morpheus? I'm a Thor atheist... although the ice giants new light was very compelling!

I blame religion and bigoted morons for there even needing to be a word "Atheist". We are all born "atheist" until someone pumps bullshit into our heads. Should I have to make a list of all the gods I don't believe in? Or be like science and concentrate on defining our reality throw knowledge and not blinding superstition. Atheist, atheism, its not our word not our fault. The quagmire that comes with it is the fault of people who need to define a god they can't and those who dont believe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit