Labeling one self "Atheist" is Unscientific

by LAWHFol 449 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Pot, meet kettle

Worse than than, I think, Lisa. He's trying to claim that a spoon is the same as a pot.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    @Saintbertholdt - If you are still following this discussion.

15 days ago

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. By the way, according to this mantra - give me one practical example where this has worked.

One Example = Gluons

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

I wish I would have kept up with this Thread 2 Weeks Ago!

This is a Great Contribution @saint

1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."

2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."

3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."

4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."

5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."

6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."

7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."

I'll choose option Number 2 for my self.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

And to respond to the Question of who my God is.. I don't know his name. However he is Truth & he Is Good.

This is his Doctrine :

“He who has let go of hatred

who treats all beings with kindness

and compassion, who is always serene,

unmoved by pain or pleasure,

free of the "I" and "mine,"

self-controlled, firm and patient,

his whole mind focused on me

that is the man I love best.” - Bhagavad Gita

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony." - yoda
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

LAWHFol said of the god of which we non-believers know nothing " However he is Truth & he Is Good."

Four Almighty claims in that short phrase, one that this god exists, two that this god is Male, three that he is truth and four that he is Good.

Huge claims deserve huge evidence.

• DJS
    DJS

Morph: "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony." - Any day with a Yoda is a good day. I will see you your Yoda and raise you a Lennon.

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Phizzy -

The English Language does not have a Gender Neutral pronoun, It is not my intention, to specify a Sex.

I am not using, "Good" & "Truth" as characteristics of God, I am using them as Transcendent Aspects.

I will narrow these Two Aspects down to One. Truth. To help you understand what is meant by Truth..

In the words of Mahatma Gandhi "I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him. I am prepared to sacrifice the things dearest to me in pursuit of this quest. Even if the sacrifice demanded my very life, I hope I may be prepared to give it."

Regarding the Existing of God. Absolute Truth Does Exist, and this Truth is Good.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well played , DJS. I will quote the same philosopher when he propounded:

"i don't believe in beetles, I believe in me"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If there is no higher god than the truth, then god doesn't exist. ....... Finkelstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit