Royal Commission live Today

by LostinJapan 175 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The one thing that doesn't change for WT procedure:

• Call the branch FIRST! (And if there's no answer, try again Monday morning.)
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Neither the judge nor Stewart is worried about getting DF'd!!!

Funny. And soooo sweet!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I still can't believe he believes the Aus branch is not subject to GB approval.

My flabber has never been so gasted when he said that.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I like their questions it's hard to tie this branch guy down on the issue of who determines if scriptural guide line are followed he is avoiding at all cost implicating the Governing Body. I hope he asks this person directly if the Branch decides that Scriptural guide lines are met with a new policy can they be over ruled by the Governing Body's interpretation of scripture meaning and application of the guiding scripture..

Also he needs to be asked that if he would follow the Governing Body's interpretation of scriptural guidance even if it was against the law, whether he had the same interpretation or not??

And If the Governing Body said they(the branch committee) were wrong in handling child molestation issues could they disagree with the GB and still hold their positions in this organization?

• oppostate
    oppostate

The quip about the Australian Branch having more experience than some of the Gobbering Body members and being able to make up their minds on what procedures should be followed is a definite put down of the GB and would make a great video clip!

Take that Geoffrey Jackson! I wish you'd been able to address how Mr. Spinks' just threw the GB under the bus and positioned the Branch above the GB and also negated the Branch's need to be in absolute compliance with all directives from the GB.

• Stirred
    Stirred

Yes, thought good point Angus asked if specifically the archaic two-witness rule could be changed... Do they refuse to budge on what is clearly illogical, harmful rule? They need to find a chink so the can work at making a bigger whole through the cloud of obfuscation and stubborn short-sitedness.

• Litebrite
    Litebrite

Spinks implied, by his comments about Korea and mentioning court cases of Human Rights, that perhaps the Royal Commission had better think long and hard before taking this " oh so loving" organization on....

Human Rights..... hmmmmm, what about the Human Rights of the victims???

Yes, it's a veiled threat to the commission. I'm certain the commission is smart enough to have perceived it as such and I hope they take them to task heartily for it.

• Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree
    At any point are we going to hear the commissioner get some support? I'm starting to feel sorry for him that everyone is a looney that he talks to and I need to justice!
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    If WT is going to stick to the Bible requirement for 2 witnesses, wouldn't they also stick to the Bible requirement at Deut. 22:28,29 that the victim be forced to marry her rapist? Or does WT pick and choose which Bronze Age laws to obey?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So many times you see him trying to promote what he sees as the positive aspects of the borg.

Classic JW misdirection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit