Royal Commission live Today

by LostinJapan 175 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    "We won't budge".

And there you have it.

Exactly.

Spinks just compared refusing to accept changes from the Commission re child abuse to refusing to fight in WW2.

Dangerously delusional.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I missed most of the second part, I will have to watch it later...just tuned in to get the full "witness" that Spinks was spinning to the judge - when he went off about all the JWs in Russia and places and then threw in their WW2 experiences, I was horrified. All to say "we won't budge".

No, you won't budge. We know what happened in WW2. And we know what happened to children that you made martyrs for not saluting the flag way back in the 40s. Some of those childrne were horribly beat - one boy was even castrated. All for YOUR first amendment rights. And...I am not even going to get into the bloody doctrine.

"We won't budge".

• cha ching
    cha ching

Funny, Memphis!!! They are like spoiled kids, use to getting their authoritarian way!

They are NOT in Kansas/ Bethel anymore...

Neither the judge nor Stewart is worried about getting DF'd!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    He admitted women will never be included in the decision making process ie become elders.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Sorry, can someone tell me - have they gone to lunch or is my link to the hearing dodgy?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Problem is, Watchtower always says their teachings are solidly based on scripture.

Yeah, Deut. 22:28,29 where a girl is required to marry her rapist is exactly the type of scripture that WT would follow.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Lunch.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

Angus left Spinks with something to mull over during lunch break: "What elements of your procedure cannot be changed in the future due to your understanding of the scriptures?" or something like that. I wonder how he'll slip out of that one.

I hope the commission will bring up the fact that "Watchtower's understanding of scripture is in a constant state of flux" as ScenicViewer just brought out. good point!

(I just tuned in so not sure yet what's been covered)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their on lunch

smiddy

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ScenicViewer - pretty clear too that the commission is aware that their standards are hardly unchanging.

Yes, the Commission is on to Watchtower. It isn't buying much of anything Watchtower witnesses are saying. But I get the feeling that the Watchtower reps think they are being real smooth, and all theocratic.

I continue to be astounded at how knowledgeable the Commission is about Watchtower. They are incredibly bright and sharp to boot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit