Is Watchtower's stance against education only for North American witnesses

by wannaexit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    @Chaserious i was talking about long term planning. In my country it has been like that for the last 3 decades.. people need higher education here in order to get a decent job.

Yes, and don't you think in 5 or 10 or 20 years you will also need higher education to get a decent job in North America (to the extent you don't already). 18 year olds who listen to the GB now will regret it as higher education becomes more and more important.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    A lot of things frowned upon in the US is not in Europe.  JWs there can sport beards and watch movies that no "good JW" would watch in the US because they are "rated R".  I have heard that in general, JWs in Europe are more reasonable and laid back than their North American Counterparts.
  • steve2
    steve2
    No self-regarding cult wants its young ones' minds tainted by critical thinking or studying 'plurality' of ideas and beliefs and/ or mixing with other adults who do not share and promote the cult's belief system. No Mennonite, no Amish, no Exclusive Brethren, no Jehovah's Witness in good standing can undertake higher educational learning in any institution of learning not affiliated with the cult.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I know in Latin America every witness virtually has been and qualified from college. I was surprised at just how well qualified they were. BTW when I use the term well qualified I mean medical doctors, orthodontists, and i even meet another to my surprise who was a regular pioneer who had a doctorate degree in psychology and a very senior roll in handling terminally sick patients.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

the forum is from Italy and its in italian:

http://forum.infotdgeova.it/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19402

• Honesty
    Honesty
    hoser6 hours ago
    Australian Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be better educated than North Americans Jws too. Maybe the Americans and Canadians started saying if they can why can't we. 

Have you read the thread on Topix.com about higher education.

One Australian Jehovah's Witness not only has contempt for higher education, she hates the medical profession and claims that anyone who goes to a doctor when they are sick has no faith in Jesus (she actually implies that they hate Jesus).

Her grammar is atrocious.

A 2 year old has better powers of reasoning than she does.

The poor woman swallowed the Watchtower's crazy ideas about education and asked for 3 refills.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    LOL
  • rebel8
    rebel8

The Europeans aren't as gullible as their U. S. counterparts.

The question is why there is a difference in teachings in the different countries.

It seems disbelief is correlated positively with education levels in both Europe and North America. Not sure how valid that survey is, but it seems it's all we have in the way of real data.

That finding would seem to require the same doctrine to prevent attrition. I do believe that's the main reason for the anti-education stuff. (This is why I wasn't even allowed to attend science courses in primary school, for Pete's sake! Had nothing to do with leaving home.)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is Watchtower's stance against education only for North American witnesses ?

If the GB has put down higher education for decades and a GB just recently went on air at JWtv ,

to put down higher education,  what do you think ?

There isn't a separate GB of JWS for Europe! 

Kind of silly question isn't it ?   

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Kind of silly question isn't it ?   

No, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit