Is Watchtower's stance against education only for North American witnesses

by wannaexit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• bemused
    bemused
    From my (admittedly limited) exposure to this topic, I was under the impression that UK JWs are very much against any further education that involves living away from the family home.
  • roberto avon
    roberto avon

ancientofdays and wannaexit, thank you very much for welcoming me!

Have a nice day and  buon pomeriggio!

• Miles
    Miles

Don't you all think that idea of not going to university started from the "end is so near" that we should not waist our time going. This mentality lead most JWs being blue collar workers. My siblings and I all went to college (20 years ago) and my dad which was an elder was happey to pay. My brother actually has a masters degree. It seems that things have radically moved towards being anti higher education. Maybe the GB feel that if 70% of JWs are university educated that they will lose their power over them.; remember, when the elders come up to you and wanted to talk to you they would always look down at you, they would feel they had power over you even if subliminally, but if you are a lawyer, doctor or big time corporate type this will be harder to do, Just my take.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think its for the same reasons dictators when they take power often kill the educated. Stupid people are more easily led more gullible and will follow those that have a perception of power (elders). The fact that this is mostly preached in only north america probably  is because areas of the world like Europe and Asia  all pushed their  people to educate since wwll. In North  America  after the war it was still easy to get work and even now people in America  can still find pathetic jobs with no education where as in say France  educated people cant get jobs so there no chance for the uneducated and the french jws know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit