For mensa members only

by kelsey007 83 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

My IQ is 173781302 see

searcher.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Those people who THINK they know everything really irritate those of us who do !!

• SYN
    SYN

Hrmph! They kept me behind a year in Kindergarten (SP?) because they thought I was STUPID! HEHEHEHE! Now I write & maintain 200,000 line computer programs!

*sticks up the finger to his Kindergarten teachers*

• Matty
    Matty

IQ tests have been totally discredited now. They were designed as a tool to categorise people in the most ridiculous and superficial way. The IQ test was developed by privileged white men to reinforce class structure underlining their previously established prejudices.

Mensa is just an organisation that extracts money from gullible people who are so shallow that they need proof that they are clever to brag to their friends.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Mensa is just an organisation that extracts money from gullible people who are so shallow that they need proof that they are clever to brag to their friends.

Matty,

Sometimes you just want proof for yourself. Or, your Mensa member friends challenged you. It isn't always about bragging rights.

Love,

Robyn

• COMF
    COMF
    people who are so shallow that they need proof

This has always piqued my curiosity... why everybody swoons all over guys like the Rock, and craps all over guys like Einstein. What's up with that? It's just a different facet that's bigger than normal.

Edited by - COMF on 8 November 2002 7:2:54

• Matty
    Matty
    Sometimes you just want proof for yourself.

That's a fair point, you're right Robyn. Not all Mensa members are arrogant know-alls, some people need it to give them a self-confidence boost. That was more than a little clumsy of me to make such a sweeping statement. I just get a little hot under the collar sometimes when people are compartmentalised. I'm not exactly partial to people who look down on others.

• breeze
    breeze

Just a suggestion....

I ain't no menser member, at least I doesn't thimk I am?? IQ I always thought meant Isn't Quite right? My family members are menser members and some of them can hardly tie their shoes by themselves?

Didn't you or doesn't you get enough of this crap from life, without doing it here??? Pecking Order?????

Worldly - Studying - Non bap -pub - Cong PUB - MS - CO - DO - City O - Circuit O ....ETC....ETC... GB - GOD LIKE - GOD....

Sit here, oh no, you can't go there?? I love going to the GOLF tournaments....you are just a, and you can't walk here, or you eat here, and go in the clubhouse, you gotta be kidding? Need a badge to pee....

Where does it end? Coffin I guess?

I am probably wrong just ask NathanNatas & Perry they are the resident experts on everything?

Peck me - Peck me...

BREEZE

Edited by - breeze on 8 November 2002 7:25:37

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I wouldn't want to know what my I.Q. is...probably too depressing when "comparing" myself to other's that have qualified with years of book learning. I'm one of those who learned about life the hard way.

I know of a man who used to be Mensa member...he also served time in prison for murder. So what's the point,eh. And degrees show that the person was disciplined enough to pursue what other's may never have had the chance for because of finances...again, what does it all prove?

Personally I enjoy being around "educated" people who have learned how to rise above some of the more negative aspect of their life, and rather than put down those who aren't "book smart", usually exercise more common sense in daily affairs.

Give me a common sense, caring individual that understands there is more to life then "comparing."

granny

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

MENSA? I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member.

By the way, since we're being pedantic: In the baseball world, Babe Ruth and Ted Williams have both been credited with saying "If you can do it, it ain't bragging," with Williams usually being attributed a more folksy rendition ("It ain't braggin' if ya done it.") Before them, Cowboy Comedian Will Rogers is credited as being the more likely originator of this quote.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit