For mensa members only

by kelsey007 83 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I think it's just the misconception that someone who happens to be a genius is also fragile emotionally. Call it flighty, high-strung, whatever. It's one way us averages comfort ourselves because we are not so fortunate. I know, it bums me out. Boo hoo hoo

It reminds me of how us middle income people like read, or watch on TV, about rich people and all their problems. "They may have money, but look at all the problems they have. I wouldn't want to be them!".

I know people that have high IQ's that are extremely nice, and kind people. It is those attributes that I value. Plus, they have to laugh at my lame jokes.

Andee

• larc
    larc

Myself, if you are not impressed with IQ tests, why do you say that some people have low or high IQs. Tests don't matter do they, and we are all the same, after all. That is the American Way.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Larc are you pulling myselfs chain a bit? You must be in one of those fiesty moods today.

• Robdar
  • myself
    myself

Why should I be concerned what their intellegence quotient is? Is that what determines what type of person they are?

• larc
    larc

plm, I will pull anyone's chain who does not understand basic information and would like to learn the basics, if they are willing to learn, if they are "teachable" as the Wt used to say, maybe they still do. In that context, fiesty is not a bad thing.

• myself
    myself

larc, oh fiesty one I don't object to learning. Teach me o great one.

• larc
    larc

Myself, yes indeedy, IQ is orthoganal to other basic traits. Therefore, it is not the only factor to consider. I want to thank you for giving me a blinding glimpse of the obvious.

• myself
    myself

ok larc, you got me, what is orthoganal? (yes, I looked in the dictionary, but it wasn't there) Teach me and I will use it all day tomorrow.

• larc
    larc

Myself, I did that on purpose, because I know it is a word that is uncommon and not found in most dictionaries. Orthoganal is a word used in statistics in factor analysis. The word means, uncorrelated. It means that two things are unrelated. No, I am not a member of mensa. Never have been, never will be. However, I am a pretty smart soma of a beach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit