Describe Your "STATUS" In The Congreg...

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I was always known as "Brother Exerting Vigorously". I had always been forever trying to attain the standards of the WT organization. I guess when I became inactive for a period of time during the early 90's, I had to reprove my faith by doing twice as much. Now I'm BURNT! Planning the slow fade.......

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Describe Your "STATUS" In The Congreg...

Inactive for thirty years, but one of the "good heart, but stumbled" CLASS that is worth redeeming and that can once again be brought back into the fold of the "Jehovah Uses Us to Speak For Him" CLASS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, did you ever hold any "positions" in the congregation, such as elder or servant or pioneer?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was a MS for approximately 10 years and an Elder for three years. I think I was well liked by the congregation. I always made it a point to personally say hello to everyone in attendance. Even those that are usually ignored by other elders.

I had no personal issues with any in the elder body and generally got along with everyone. When I moved away with my family to start the slow "fade away," the body send a glowing recommendation to the new congregation. When the new congregation received the letter, they were a little surprised because I had not gone out in service or otherwise indicated that I came with a "position." I had to explain to the new congregation, that I was not interested in continuing.

I gave decent talks and was very organized compared to the other elders, but was never considered a bible scholar by any stretch of the imagination.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ghost.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

A shelter from the storm.

• Mary
    Mary

They're not sure what to make of me..................inactive, but there's always that hope that I'll turn around.......LOL!

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I was considered a very spiritual young man!

Made MS at 19. I had parts on assembly programs. Dad was the Service Overseer and I used to fill in as a Book Study Conductor. I was a Regular Pioneer and was looked upon as an example..My parents wonder what the hell happened.

I know I wasted most of my youth being a good JW. It really makes me sad and angry. Once spent it's gone but it hurts nontheless.

Now...Very inactive,critical and sporting a goatee...hehe

Wolfy

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

hmmm.....at times when I was a teenager I wasone of those that lived a "double life".....then I got baptised at 15,active in the ministry(used to auxilary pioneer in summer and in months that had school vacations)....gave great talks....upstanding young individual.Married a ministerial servant at age 18(he being 11 years older),was a regular pioneer for a little while.Had kids,the oldest being known as giving wonderful talks(little mini elder)....then one day I just stopped going to meetings to the shock of the cong.Haven't been to one in 4 years.I'm not really sure what they think of me now.....I just know they feel bad for my husband having such a jezebel wife.My broher is an elder and last time I got a call from him(and I thought he was just calling to say hello.....silly me)he asked if I would like to get together with him and another elder(apparantly they were reaching out to inactive ones)to see how I was doing.I said"no thanks"and I haven't heard from him since!LOL

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Study with JW because I was dating a JW chick in JR high. Got baptized on my own at 16, Family at time wasnt Jdubs, some are now Was an MS at 20 and a regular pioneer almost since I was baptized. Started going to college at 23, did the fade- got caught doing the wild thing. Now df'd living my own life and loving being a wordly 27yr old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit