Describe Your "STATUS" In The Congreg...

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

I've been "dubbed" Satan's Spawn... hahahahahah

Inq

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I was Sister not submissive. Too outspoken some of the meeker sister were intimidated by me, the Elders were in fear of me because I was not stupid and if I didn't agree with them I told them. By husband was considered Brother not taking the lead in his family because he couldn't control his outspoken wife. I was never considered weak because I was very regular at meetings and always went out in service regularly and always commented at the meetings.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think we were highly regarded. My husband was an elder for 25 years, and everyone loved him. They constantly praised him to me. The CO once told me I was one of the best pioneers in the circuit. That made one of the other pioneers in our congregation, royally pissed off at me. I think she wanted to be the ONLY pioneer. She heard him say it to me, and was just jealous. I thought if I was one of the best ones, they are in trouble. At the time he said it, I was wanting badly to quit. I was sick, tired, and totally burned out. I quit a few months later.

But we were both lifelong witnesses, from well respected families. So I think we were respected too.

Not now. Officially we are inactive. But..........most dubs shun us in public.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

For along time I was the only mother of 3 small children at our hall. I was labled chronically depressed, burnt out, didnt have enough fire under my butt for the pioneers. What made it all worse, hubby was an elder. They used to make me sick,,,,,,,,,,,, because not a one of them had children and not one had any compassion for someone with sick children at that. I don't think you have to have children ,to see the wear and tear they can cause you, trying to keep up with pioneers. They always had too high standards for me to reach. I didnt want to be like them, but they always were suggesting ways I could do more. I finally told them to kiss off,,,,,,, or would go ballistic on them. Wild Turkey told them to lay off too. I was about to break and didnt need to worry about mid week activity. They even questioned my headaches, the muscle pains I had, etc. I mean in a congregation of 40 pubs. there were 10 pioneers and many who were aux,, because of the pressure.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Englishman.

• Matty
    Matty

Matty's Status Report:

I am in "good standing" I guess. I have neglected to say that I haven't been on the ministry since 29th September and turned in a report for October anyway, making me still "regular". This is the first time I have faked a report, plenty of others have done it, so what! Nobody has said anything so far, I don't feel guilty about it, which must mean I'm moving on.

I am now missing the odd meeting with lame excuses like working late etc.. I don't have any privilages and intend to keep it that way. I was a Ministerial Servant in a previous congregation, but I haven't been reappointed thank goodness! I am still commenting at meetings, but I hope to phase that out soon, providing I don't get too much fuss made about it. I want to leave at my own pace.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Status; LOL

I came from a very strong family in the Organization while living at home and even after I got married. My Father has ALWAYS been an Elder and my mother has ALWAYS been a pioneer. So, I followed in the same footsteps; regular pioneered and then when I married my ex-husband was M.S. material and shortly after we married he became a MS.

I noticed while reading the thread that a number of young women were viewed as the, "Temptress". That seems to be the lable women are given if they are attractive. Better yet; try having a Personality and a BRAIN. Then you become the Devil's SPAWN!!! You are always under watchful eyes and active tongues. Sound familiar girls??

I notice that in; "the world" things are quite different and that acceptance levels are at an all time high. LOL It's nice to be accepted finally.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Inactive. No commenting at meetings. Not in the school. Do not go out in service. Frequently miss many meetings. Wife is still hardcore and goes to many meetings without me. Spiritually speaking, she is weakening thanks to many of my brass comments about this and that regarding the organization. She misses a few meetings with me for no reason.

She is viewed as a sweet sister in the hall, helpful to a lot of folks. I am viewed probably pretty similar to her. I try to put on the shy and quiet personality to not make any waves. It works quite well. No one avoids me either even though I am inactive. I guess it helps to have such a strong wife in the truth that people want to invite her out and not leave me behind.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Currently, i have only attend a few meeting a year since the mid 90's. I haven't answered a question at meetings ing nealy 10 years, I haven't been out in sevice since late 80's. I am usaully avoided by all except for one or two peoople. I have a friend who is stuanch jw but she lives in another state and does not realize i am inactive. I have a friend here in the area who is jw-but she will still talk to me and occ go somewhere with me b/c we have known each other for a long time. If i ever offically DA df she would drop me. Even when i was still actively attending the meetings-i was known as weak and was depressed. My husband was known for not taking the lead. My kids were known for being wordly-but they were nothing compared ot the elders kids.My husband jand i were sick and ill with depression and other things for years and not one person ever came by to offer spiritual aide. Someone once told me at a meeting" i don't know why u bother coming to ther meeting-no one wants anything to do with u". I was so sick at the time i can't even remember how i responded.

So the question why did i even bother to come? I even had someone tell me that-they decided we were just sunday church goers and why did we waste our time coming to the meetings?

So what took me so long to wake up-and whay want my husband wake up? I can only say, that after i read Gary Bussleman's story on the net-i began to see that my problem was i had no other personality other than jw. It was all i knew.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I was GOD!!!!! just a little below the GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit