Describe Your "STATUS" In The Congreg...

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Brother Struggling.

I once told an elder that it seems that everybody in the troof is lumped into two categories: The Doing Goods, and The Strugglings. I got so tired of hearing about how so-and-so wasn't "doing anything with the truth" and similar expressions.

• terabletera
    terabletera

Bad association.

had a non believing husband and not only allowed my children to have non witness friends, I also had non witness friends. And I got a little outspoken on politics (tsk tsk). Sister, we're supposed to be neutral! yeah right. You can guess I didn't get invited to a lot of "get togethers". If I did, I often brought beer.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Unofficially marked for about 5 years, then publicly reproved, then the quick upward spiral to df'ing.

For the years of "marking", I can sum it up in the words of the elder who made my young life hell: "He's up to something, I don't know what but he's up to something."

Mike.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I was just there!!!!!!!!!

I was honest about my field service hours and about the amount of mags I placed. I tried to do the right thing but found out that just by being honest, I was viewed as weak.

We had one family in our congregation in NJ. A (red headed) family who by the elders, could never do anything wrong!! Their 2 boys would pioneer, but I never seen them out in service. Yet they always put in their 90+ hours a month. Their mother was the congregation busybody. Quick to point out everybody elses faults while ignoring her own families faults. It just made me sick.

So, during my teenage years, I became the congregation burnout. (Hey, it was alway's better to tolerate the meetings stoned IMHO). I alway's thought that "It's better to burn out, than to fade away"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I love the horse,,,,,, Eman..... I wish I had it to run down the pioneers and trample them under my horses feet.

High Ho Silver ,,,,,,, Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I started studying when I was 9 and I really believed it all (except 1975; never bought that one). I was the epitome of Ricky Righteous, the good Witness kid that every parent in my hall wanted their kid to be. Naturally all the other kids hated me (can't say I blame them). The elders started giving me privileges when I was 15; magazine assistant, then territories, then sound, etc. No one was surprised when I pioneered; made MS at 20 and was intereviewed at the district convention as an example for Today's Youth (tm). I even had the correct job: janitorial. The first time I ever got flak from anyone was when I met my future wife (the only woman I ever dated). Evidently I was supposed to be some sort of virgin sacrifice; or live like a Catholic priest I guess.

For a long time after I left, I blamed the Witnesses for fooling me. I told myself they lied to me and tricked me into living my life according to their dictums. But no. I wasn't fooled. I was the fool. My homelife growing up was so bad, I allowed myself to live in a Witness dreamland, wishing and hoping for a magical paradise that would make it all better and change my parents into decent human beings. I wanted it so badly, I closed my eyes to what I saw and I closed my mind to my own questions. I used to think I was an highly intelligent guy; but I'm not. Only a fucking idiot would believe any of that is possible.

• kelpie
    kelpie

There i was in good standing. Elders daughter who was a regular pioneer..

Here I am a bible study

• emancipated
    emancipated

I no longer attend and am viewed as someone who asked questions they shouldn't have dared ask and rumors are going around I have turned apostate.

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

First I was hard hearted, then stubborn, then unteachable, then (this one made me crack up) undercover opposer sent to cause dissent within the congregation with my insincere questions. I think I'm currntly I'm viewed as the antichrist by at least 3 congregations. I think delivering a do not call form (of my own creation) with 53 signatures from my neighborhood to the KH seald my fate. But hey ... I was never baptized, so when one of the "Friends" points me out as an apostate I step right up to them and politely tell them to check their terminology.

Anton

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Bad association, and spiritually weak.

My mother was disfellowshipped, and I studied from 13-18 without ever progressing to baptism. Aw, shucks.
    I also had many wordly friends, and ah...several encounters with the police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit