Does Our Arguing Scare People Off???

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I don't see a problem. There're plenty of posts here that aren't part of flame threads. A person who runs away because of that stuff is doing so because they're using it as an excuse to do so, IMO.

• minimus
    minimus

onacruse, see big tex's comment. Everyone can have a passion for a belief. But I think that it's counter-productive to constantly go after each other.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ya well Minimus I think your wrong!!! SOOOO wrong!!!!

Ven

• LB
    LB

Of course it does, to a certain extant. When I was a JW lurker back on H20 I would see all the aruging and silliness and it really reinforced my feelings that only the JW's had it right. In fact I would come back just to see what stupid garbage the apostates were up to.

I took some time off from the exJW boards and became inactive without any help from the net.

I'm not sure if it kept me active as a witness or not, but I think if anything it delayed my leaving. I know that if I were thinking that Ray Franz or Bill Bowen were telling the truth about things, then came to a site like this as saw the aruging over it, well, I think it would have made me believe that both men aren't telling all the truth.

So I really dislike the he said/she said type of arguing that goes on.

• onacruse
    onacruse

minimus: "But I think that it's counter-productive to constantly go after each other."

Counter-productive to what? What do you suggest?

• minimus
    minimus

I suggest that "in real life", if your associates did what we regularly do over here, no one would have a friend. Quite frankly, when a person is being a jerk, and they are trying to convey why JW's are wrong, they lose their audience. I think that we should be aware of the lurkers and on the fence people to help them to see that not everyone is rude or profane or a-holes. Do you get what I am trying to suggest?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know 3 lurkers who haven't posted because they don't like some of what is going on here. One person came here once, and never has come back.

Another one asks me why everyone fights so much. Another time, recently, she said Bill Bowen doesn't make a good impression. I didn't add to what she said, but commented on how it isn't always that way, and that I know Bill and he is a good guy.

The other one (all are women) said she doubted she would ever post, and doesn't want to get involved in the things apostates argue about. She is one too, but just wants to move on with her life.

• minimus
    minimus

Mulan, you made my point better than I did!

• shera
    shera

Nobody scared me off,I'm still here.

Would have I thought the Gb was right about the apostates?No,I wish I found this stuff out sooner.I would have been released from a lot anixety attacks for all those yrs.

I WUB yahs all,and I am thankful to this website,and that it is in my life...

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

They can run, but they can never hide........The Green Apostate will find them whever they are...

BWAAHAAHAA!!! BWAAHAAHA!!

The Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit