Does Our Arguing Scare People Off???

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ BG

• Mackin
    Mackin

Downunderandout: Hi there, I'm a KiwiKiwi, I live in Auckland.

What part of the West Island are you living in?

Mackin

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mini says:

: I want to remind us all that we can be a positive force for good if we are mindful of how we express ourselves.

By asking stupid questions and doing stupid surverys that are meaningless?

:If that's too general for you, I cannot say it any better.

I didn't think you could. No one could. Stupid is as stupid does. ("Mamma used to say")

Farkel

• Prisca
    Prisca

Minimus:

Ignore Farkel, considering that he said this:

Dubs and newly ex-dubs still think they have to attack the messenger when they don't like the messenger or the message they deliver.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38896&site=3&page=1

Farkel's obviously has not long been out of the Borg, by his own definition. He'll get over it.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

500 reads, 50 replies. I would hardly call Minimus' threads irrelevant or stupid.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Prisca: "Farkel's obviously has not long been out of the Borg, by his own definition. He'll get over it."

I may be missing a sublety here, but "minimus obviously has not yet been out of the Borg, by his own definition. He'll get over it."

I, for one, would like minimus to put more of his own meat on the table.

Craig

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ona,

Yes, you have missed the sublety, although I didn't think it was that subtle.

• Xena
    Xena

I think any thread that encouraged two new people to join in and post shows a lot of merit............

I don't think the fighting per say scares people off, perhaps some of the abusive language used by some posters....but then again I don't think posting to a forum is for everyone and perhaps that and not the fighting is the reason they stay away. I have an ExJW friend I introduced to this forum, she posted once, but just didn't get "into" it....not because of anyone here or any subejct she found objectionable....

Like different foods and different taste in music, some develop a taste for posting and some don't.........

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome, D U A O...I'm glad that we have some new posters added here!!! I think that this is the BEST forum available for people that are just lurking or those that may be still "in", or for those that have been out for a while, either because they were kicked out or because they left voluntarily. Regarding some still "in", like myself, we all have various reasons for still showing up every so often. I get a real kick out of some that have been "out", especially those that may have been out for a while, that are still JW's inside, whether they want to admit it or not. Some of the most vehement posters truly betray themselves for what they are, still miserable JW's without the official status.

Edited by - minimus on 30 October 2002 7:19:38

• Shakita
    Shakita

Wow minimus, you really know how to bring out the newbies......

Inky:

Hi. Your opinion is always welcome here. Maybe not always agreed with, but that is what is so great!!! Everyone's opinion DOES MATTER!

downunderandout:

That's a mouthfull! I also enjoy the lively discussion here. If it's gets too hot, you can always move on! You can count on minimus to post another good question soon!

wednesday:

Your picture looks like Sally Field, you know, the movie star!!! Is it really you? I love Sally Field. I think she is one of the great actresses of our time. Starting watching her back in the days of The Flying Nun! Whopps, dating myself again!

And as far as the arguing scaring people off, I can't speak for others, but it didn't in my case. When lurking, if I didn't like the tone of a post, I just moved on. Others I think also do the same.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit