Post by Ray Franz

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

IW I would agree with you but I feel the need for an apology should be addressed toward Mr Franz. On the other hand the actions of these two men have only served to strengthen my feelings toward not following man and to question actions and motivations of leaders of any movement before pledging my support. I credit Mr Franz for never having started a movement of any anti-witness campaign. There is little doubt that given the mans former position in the org and his knowledge that his cult would have been large. Thank you Mr Franz for not doing that. That was another of many of your wise choices.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Kelsey,

IW I would agree with you but I feel the need for an apology should be addressed toward Mr Franz.

Yes, of course the apology should be made to Ray Franz, BB did nothing to us. It should though, be posted in the same place he slandered Mr. Franz, here. If he chooses also to make a personal apology to Mr. Franz directly, so much the better!

I say this not because of Ray Franz but because of Bill Bowen and his cause. Ray Franz' reputation remains intact, it is Bill Bowen's reputation that must be repaired.

IW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Are we 100% committed to the stopping of child abuse, or are we seeking revenge on the WTBTS and hoping that this will be the catalyst to bring them down?

Absolutely. Which brings us to the "old" topic for debate: Is the WTS reformable? RF believes not.

Ozzie

• sf
    sf

(deleted)

Edited by - sf on 24 October 2002 21:59:4

• wednesday
    wednesday

I know i remember reading a post form Bill saying he and Ray had talked and worked this out. Has another accusation ben made ? Why did Ray feel the need to commincate that post through amazing-has something else occured? I read the board nearly everday and i thought this had been sort of settled.

Regarding my prior post, I respect Ray a lot and i too am grateful he has not started a movement against jw-he did quite a lot with writing his books. however, Bill has soemthing to say and someone needed to speak for all the children and woman who have been abused. I support his premice- force the WT to change it's policy on how they deal with CRIME.Just as Ray wrote a book and exposed the WTS for many things-so Bill is exposing their policy of dealing with CRIMES commited by people who are jw's.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Well after it's all said and done, the bottom line is this.....Bill should apologize to Ray. Work this out.

Bill it's time to show what you're made of. I believe it takes a big person to do this. I hope this can be cleared up.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thanks A and RF.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dungbeetle,

Your recent posts have displayed a strident, almost militant tone. I had considered you to be a very objective obserever/activist. What happened?

Your wrong or right, attitude, smacks of how we all used to deal with doubts in the org. Further reason for me to question, support or association, with any movement that inspires such so-called 'loyalty'. Dangerous the word, for your blatant threats of court action against Ray Franz, is similar to terrorists threatening violence against those they hate. Not a very good representation of an organization supposedly devoted to helping survivors of abuse recover.

Yeah just add some pain to an old man's life, telling him to expect to be severly cross examined, for his obvious innocent position.

Iam not very proud of your recent display, to say the least. Of course you may care less what I think, but I did care about you..thats why I had to say the above.

Danny

• gsark
    gsark

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39283&site=3

I made some further remarks over here Danny.

• Valis
    Valis

I support his premice- force the WT to change it's policy on how they deal with CRIME.Just as Ray wrote a book and exposed the WTS for many things-so Bill is exposing their policy of dealing with CRIMES commited by people who are jw's.

Yeah everyone does, but some questions remain unanswered on his part and still no apology, which is all most of the folks have asked for. Dubs are notorious for not apologizing.

Dungbeetle, you are deluding the issue at hand. This has nothing to do w/the silent lambs...this has to do w/ Bill and a piss poor attitude to many here on the board. He clearly expressed that and has neglected to rectify the situation period! Ray is guilty of nothing that would come up in court and you know it...no need to bifurcate anyone or the idealisms that this board and the silent lambs cause stands for.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit