Post by Ray Franz

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I find it depressing that many former Witnesses who attack the Watch Tower organization, proceed to manifest a similar spirit and use similar tactics toward those who do not line up with their thinking." ~~Ray Franz

Ray understood a variation the "Cofty rule" as well at least ten years ago !! (not condemning what he said in any way.. an observation only ) (Comparision in our former thinking as a JW cannot be all bad all the time but in fact may bear much truth)(Rigid rules must always give way to the "spirit of the rule' and "the spirit of the comments" concerning the issue being made )

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis

Now to the point. This is not my original idea--Cofty gets credit.

We have all noticed on JWN, that given enough time, a discussion often ends up with one poster accusing other posters of still thinking like JW's. Disagree in politics? That's because ONE of you still thinks like a JW. Disagree in religion? We SOMEBODY is still thinking like a JW.

~~~ Newchapter

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/223069/1/Godwins-Law-of-JWN-Need-help-naming-it

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Once again, it's writings like these of Ray Franz that make him my favorite "revealing helper of truth". He had the chance to jump on the "bandwagon mentality", he hold's his ground and speaks from his heart. I am awe'ed by his candid honesty and kind nature, he will be missed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit