Post by Ray Franz

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Do you realize how many registered users of this board DID NOT PARTICIPATE in this thread? think about it...HUNDREDS did not post here. Not once. It CAN BE DONE.

Sure, but how come you're posting on this thread then?

I dare say this brouhaha will wither and die before too long.

Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 25 October 2002 9:35:16

• Simon
    Simon

dungbeetle: I guess it's what the definition of 'active posting' is. I call that posting but you may mean something else.

I'd appreciate if you kept you comments relating to this board on this board - I think it will help to stop the animosity going on.

Edited by - Simon on 25 October 2002 10:26:35

• undercover
    undercover

Up till now, I have not said anything about Silentlambs, Bill Bowen, his comments about Ray Franz or even Ray Franz. I have read the threads and the Silentlambs website and studied what I could about both Bill Bowen and Ray Franz. In my honest newbie opinion, Bill Bowen wants to do the right thing and is trying, but is overwhelmed by the whole thing and maybe, I detect, is a little egotistical. Ray Franz, to me, seems humble, honest and sincere in everything he does. Mr. Franz chooses not to be involved in reform as Mr. Bowen sees that it should be done. Mr. Bowen should have let it go. Mr. Franz has stated his position, one that makes good sense, to me anyway. Mr. Bowen seems to have let up on what some have called "his attack" on Mr. Franz. I think he's willing to move on, but so many here won't let it die. The worst thing about this is that it makes "apostates" look just like the WTS paints them, unrighteous, division causing, trouble-makers.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

undercover,

*** The worst thing about this is that it makes "apostates" look just like the WTS paints them, unrighteous, division causing, trouble-makers***

No, it makes us, better than any labels they may want to attach. It makes us plain ole humans. In fact your comments reek of jwisims.

Once we all get past our own 'apostateness'(if there is such a word) we can achieve a true sense of self worth and value. Continuing to act, speak, or perform for the benifit of "some" will do nothing but enforce the idea, that we must conform, for the greater good. What a crappy way to live!

Danny

Edited by - DannyBear on 25 October 2002 11:33:17

• undercover
    undercover
    In fact your comments reek of jwisims.

Well, I hope they don't reek.

What I was trying to convey, and maybe I didn't do a good job of it, is that JWs or the WTS or whoever, can point to this controversy and say, "look, they don't have Jehovah's spirit. They can't even get along amongst themselves." I'm not saying they are correct in saying that, but they can use it to keep the dubs from being curious about what either Franz or Bowen have to say against the WTS.

You are correct though, in that as we are humans, disagreements are going to happen. Let's just hope that everyone stops short of really mean-spirited, false, angry comments that take away from the real issues.

• JustUs
    JustUs

Because of the respect and admiration I've had for his sincere efforts, I've hesitated in the past to mention my concerns about certain responses I've read by Bill Bowen when he's been confronted by those who disagree with him. One that comes to mind was a young lady who, if I remember correctly, questioned his motives for the Silent Lambs movement. This was several months back, before the Dateline show. Anyway.....Bill responded to her, at first, in a very loving, caring way. Like a shepard handling sheep. As his response went on though he got angrier and angrier, quoting from her original letter, and then began tearing this gal up. Talk about being pissed off! I remember thinking then, this poor guy is stressed out, he's tired, with all he's doing with Silent Lambs he'll probably apologize later to her, and all who read his post. Never happened!. This isn't the first time Bill Bowen has spoken harshly to someone who challenged his thinking. This most recent episode with Ray Franz just demonstrates how immature he can be. It doesn't take much to set this guy off I'm afraid, and that will prove to be counterproductive to all the good he has accomplished through Silent Lambs.

Bill...........let's agree to disagree!

• sf
    sf

I bringing this to the top by request. sKally

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*sticky note*

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

interesting

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl