Please convince me I'm wrong!

by StinkyPantz 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Hope.

Rom 8:22-25

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

gumby groans as in the pains of childbirth. So does pomegranate. Just like the Apostles.

pomegranate waits for redemption. pomegranate waits for adoption. Patiently. With hope. For what is unseen. For what I do not have yet. Does gumby?

Hope is the stuff that gets me by and makes me HAPPY.

Edited by - pomegranate on 25 October 2002 17:41:57

• gumby
    gumby

Pom, Are you catagorizing...or asking?

"gumby groans as in the pains of childbirth. So does pomegranate. Just like the Apostles.

pomegranate waits for redemption. pomegranate waits for adoption. Patiently. With hope. For what is unseen. For what I do not have yet. Does gumby? "

As I have told you before....I have many unanswered questions. A person would have to believe for sure this is the word of God who spoke these words before the question can be answed.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

God will save the Pope if he darn well pleases.

If he does, who can argue?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

YOU'RE WRONG! What was the question??

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Farkel-

: Im impatient, what can I say?

Are you so impatient you are willing to take the chance and make ANOTHER stupid decision that will adversely affect your life, or will you be patient enough and wait to be in the right frame of mind to make a decision that will actually work for you for once?

Your choice. Your life. I don't give a shit. (Well, I DO give a shit, but I can't say things like that in public.)

Farkel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Farkel-

Umm, thanks

Are you so impatient you are willing to take the chance and make ANOTHER stupid decision that will adversely affect your life

And what stupid decision is that? To believe or not to believe? Because as far as I know you shouldn't believe just because you want to. That's exactly why I asked the question, because I haven't made a desicion. Yes, I lean towards evolutions, but not 100%

Your choice. Your life. I don't give a shit
    Nice. . . .

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 25 October 2002 22:9:53

• larc
    larc

SP,

I don't know if this point has been covered or not. You can believe in evolution and you can believe in God if you want to. They are two separate questions. God could have used evolution to begin the creative process.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Larc-

As far as what I think, I do lean towards evolution, but I think that possibly God did start it all. It makes more sense than that there was the proverbial "big bang". But then I wonder, where did God come from?

• larc
    larc

SP, I used to think about these questions when I was younger. I have decided that I can't figure it out. I don't know what the deal is, so therefore, I am an agnostic. If there is a God, and he grades on a curve and I end up in an after life, that will be a nice surprise. If there is no God or if God doesn't really give a hoot, well, I just won't know because I will be gone. In either case, I am going to enjoy life as best I can, and get along with those I love.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a Christian, I believe I am on safer ground when I restrict myself to describing what I have seen and heard. My guess is that is what Jesus was getting at when he asked us to be witnesses. One of my major pet peeves with Jehovah's Witnesses is that when I ask them about their experience with God, they pull out their book bag! Their faith is so impersonal.

Why I believe cannot be summarized in a sentence or two. I have tried, and it just sounds glib. I posted my whole story on JGnat Says Hi. The whole thing is six pages long single spaced, so I suggest you have a hot cocoa handy.

Keep searching, SP. The journey itself is worthwhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit