Please convince me I'm wrong!

by StinkyPantz 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Ok Ok Ok ....I'll tell you all what TRUTH is. Dammit... I'm tired of all of you poor lost children arguing what truth is. It is high time I get this out in the open, and nip this in the bud.

For info. on how to find out what "the truth about god" is.....please send

$89.00 to [email protected].

If you are not completley satisfied with the answers you recieve.....then simply,

Bite Me!

• SAM Slick
    SAM Slick

First and foremost,Stinky Pants,don't put your faith in man but in God.The Bible says let God be true and every man a liar.It also says that nature itself is proof that there's a God.I will gladly answer both of your questions,with more than a reasonable amount of proof for #2.Science actually supports the Bible,not refutes it.About 10 years ago scientists discovered something that they thought was incredible.They found that the soil of the Earth,the ground,contained all of the same elements,vitamins,minerals,etc that the human body has.Well,duh!Doesn't the Bible say that God made Adam from the ground.Scientists have also discovered that certain organisms atop the world's tallest mountains are found only at the bottom of the sea.And that the only way that these organisms could have gotten there is if the sea were to have risen that high.Doesn't the Bible say that there was a worldwide flood in the time of Noah.I also have heard(but I have not confirmed this)that the Ark was found atop Mt. Arafat,just as the Bible says.Scientist's also discovered germs in the late 1800's,before that they were not known about.But the Bible(in I believe the book of Leviticus)discusses germs and how to protect the human body from them.Man did not know about germs then,but God did and the Bible says that all scripture is inspired by God(2 Tim. 3:16).Even Darwin,the actual creator of the theory of evelution,stated in his writings that the human eyeball(being so incredibly complex and miraculous)could not have been formed through an evolutionary process.Darwin admitted that his theory(and that's all it is,a theory,not fact)had many flaws and errors.Just a few examples how science actually supports the Bible,to read alot more about this get the book"Signature of God"by Grant Jefferys...incredible book...you won't doubt after reading that.To believe in God it takes faith,the Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God.And if you've ever seen God move in a situation or seen God actually heal someone before your eyes you know that God is real.I could talk for hours,I love this stuff.But enough for now,check out that book in a Christian bookstore.And remember...society,man's nature,etc is set against God,is it any wonder these things would fiil your head things against God.God bless you!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Sam-

First and foremost,Stinky Pants,don't put your faith in man but in God.

Well, that easier to say than do. After all, I see men and I talk to men. I was a Christian for twenty years and God never showed me anything or talked to me. Although one Christian told me that that was because God leaves certain people in a huge garbage pile, and he one adopts a few to see him.

The Bible says let God be true and every man a liar.

Sam, I dont necessarily base my life on this particular book, so quoting from it with me wont get you all that far with me.

It also says that nature itself is proof that there's a God.

Oh, of course it does. . . .

I will gladly answer both of your questions,with more than a reasonable amount of proof for #2.Science actually supports the Bible,not refutes it.About 10 years ago scientists discovered something that they thought was incredible.They found that the soil of the Earth,the ground,contained all of the same elements,vitamins,minerals,etc that the human body has.

Umm, if you think about it, this theory also supports evolution for the same reason. If we all evolved from the same elements, vitamins, minerals, then of course theyd be found in the human body, we came from it.

Well,duh!Doesn't the Bible say that God made Adam from the ground.Scientists have also discovered that certain organisms atop the world's tallest mountains are found only at the bottom of the sea.And that the only way that these organisms could have gotten there is if the sea were to have risen that high.

Actually, there is another explanation for this. The mountains millions of years ago were not as high as they are now. I dont have time to give a lesson in plate tectonics but Ill try to briefly. The Earth is divided into several huge underwater plates. Sometimes the plates rub against each other (earthquakes), or they push against each other. When they push together for a long period of time, the ground pushes up and eventually forms mountains. This has been proven through much scientific study. So, if the plates pushed together while under the sea, then when they eventually rose up, some sea fossils would be on top mountain peaks.

Doesn't the Bible say that there was a worldwide flood in the time of Noah.I also have heard(but I have not confirmed this)that the was found atop ,just as the Bible says.

Ive heard this rumor. . But they havent said for sure. . . but Ive also read that it would be impossible to fit that many animals into the dimensions of the in the Bible.

Scientist's also discovered germs in the late 1800's,before that they were not known about.But the Bible(in I believe the book of Leviticus)discusses germs and how to protect the human body from them.Man did not know about germs then,but God did and the Bible says that all scripture is inspired by God(2 Tim. 3:16).

It would be nice to see the actual scripture that you speak of about the germs. . but really people knew that certain things such as sneezing and coughing would make them sick, and they knew that a person doing these things were sick. It wouldnt take much of a jump to conclude that: dead things make you sick, sick people make you sick, etc. Was it really God telling them these things or common sense?

Even Darwin,the actual creator of the theory of evelution, stated in his writings that the human eyeball(being so incredibly complex and miraculous)could not have been formed through an evolutionary process.Darwin admitted that his theory(and that's all it is,a theory,not fact)had many flaws and errors.

did not create evolution. He along with Alfred Russell Wallace came up with the term natural selection. Although he is called the father of evolution he didnt deal much with how the Earth got here. He only tried to explain how creatures evolved into other ones. But, you also must consider that he wrote Origin of the Species about 140 years ago, evolution science has come a long way since then . So he was possibly wrong about plenty of stuff as with most sciences towards there beginning.

To believe in God it takes faith,the Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God.

Do you mean faith in the Christian God? What about all of the good people who have faith in Allah, or Buddha, or Vishnu?

And if you've ever seen God move in a situation or seen God actually heal someone before your eyes you know that God is real.

Well, umm, obviously I havent seen these things. . .

• hooberus
    hooberus

stink,

Are you aware that the theory of plate tectonics was first proposed by a creationist?

Also the theory is accepted today by most creationist scientists.

http://www.icr.org/research/as/platetectonics.html

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hoob-

I wasn't tryin to imply that the plate tectonics theory was neccessarily an evolutionist idea, I was merely trying to show why sea fossils would be on top of mountains. Oh and by the way, it's STINKY, not stink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit