Please convince me I'm wrong!

by StinkyPantz 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Pomegranate -

Why cant you accept that the universe just happened from nothing but a godlike creator can? I used to feel as you do that the days mentioned in the Bible could still mean millions of years each in Gods eyes, but now I just dont know if I can handle that. You said, If GOD wants you to know He exists, He will make Himself known to you. Does this mean that god doesnt want some people to know? Because many are atheist and agnostic like me, does this mean we arent worthy?

I can't accept anything but God. I have TRIED to TOTALLY annilate it within me before (belief in God) but it just won't leave me alone. If you knew me, you'd know EXACTLY what I mean. I am enslaved to it.

Believe exactly as you do, I can't change me and I can't change you. If I can't change myself, how can I change anyone else? You will be whatever you are supposed to be. I will only speak what I believe, not to change anyone, because that is impossible for me to do.

God chooses the man, the man does not choose God, because there is nothing man can do to make God do anything.

Believing in God is good and bad.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Pome:

So once again I ask, why it is that:

God chooses the man, the man does not choose God
    That seems to be very unfair to me. Did God discount me at birth and decide that he doesn't want me, and yet he chose you? I have sought him out, why has he not chosen me. . .
  • hooberus
    hooberus

Yes, I beileve I can prove that the Earth is young, that humans did not evolve, and that God is real. I speak from personal experience and scientific research. If you are really sincere I will put forth the time.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hoob-

You have mail.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    That seems to be very unfair to me. Did God discount me at birth and decide that he doesn't want me, and yet he chose you? I have sought him out, why has he not chosen me. . .

Was it fair that you were given the life you have now? I mean, God didn't ask for your permission first to grant you your life, you didn't do anything so that God owed you your life. Can you tell the gift giver who to give a gift to? I can't. Can you demand that a gift be given to you? Will complaining that God is not fair because you do not receive a gift make him go "oops, I must be unjust, I better choose stinky too." Never may that happen.

Explain to me, how can someone with doubts truly be seeking God? The man who seeks out a treasure truly believes and trusts the treasure exists, otherwise he would not seek it out. The man who doubts the treasure exists will do no seeking at all. It's the same with God. If you doubt that God exists, you will not seek Him out. So, do you believe the treasure exists? You have shown you do not.

One who doubts will not seek.

As far as being chosen goes, who they are won't be revealed til the end. All I have said, is I have unshakable belief. Does that make me chosen? Beats the hell outa me.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Seeking a treasure you believe in. I watched a Discovery channel special on people looking for Atlantis, the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquach... people believe their abducted by aliens. Somethin' going on. I can't say they're crazy, just that they really do "believe".

Anyhooo, another reoccurring thought I've always had, is the "odds" of the universe/life appearing on its own is A ZILLION-BILLION TO ONE. OK. The "odds" of you being born is the same. Say the flood (lol) didn't happen, you wouldn't have been born. If you're parents hadn't met (or had that one-night stand) - hmmm, you wouldn't have been born. I feel guilty every month, when I'm on the rag, because that egg was a potential life that didn't happen (lol). Yet, here we all are, walking around despite the odds of us being here.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Pomegranate-
    I suppose you assume that I have not sought God out. I have read the
    Bible over many times and believed it too. I have also read parts of the 
    Koran. I've looked into many religions and philosophies all because I do
    want to believe. Unfortunately, I can not put all my faith in something 
    I have never seen.
    Was it fair that you were given the life you have now? I mean, God 
    didn't ask for your permission first to grant you your life; you didn't 
    do anything so that God owed you your life. Can you tell the gift giver 
    who to give a gift to?
    Well, I think it's only fair that gifts are given fairly. Do you give 
    one child the most expensive precious gifts and the other shitty ones 
    and expect him to be thankful? Are you unfair to your children? Assuming
    there is a God and he gives us life why give others a good one and 
    others such a crappy one? It seems to defeat the generosity of 
    life-giving if some die 6 months into their life or if some are born 
    extremely retarded or others have such debilitating diseases that they 
    suffer their entire lives. What a great gift! Some would rather have 
    not been born, or others are so slow mentally, or in so much pain 
    physically that they can't appreciate it.
    Can you demand that a gift be given to you? Will complaining that God 
    is not fair because you do not receive a gift make him go "oops, I must 
    be unjust, I better choose stinky too.
    Well once again assuming there is a God and he's perfect in his decision 
    making then he would do things fairly and give gifts of love and 
    knowledge fairly. Especially to those that have looked for and longed 
    for him, such as me. 
    Explain to me, how can someone with doubts truly be seeking God? The 
    man who seeks out a treasure truly believes and trusts the treasure 
    e
    							xists, otherwise he would not seek it out. The man who doubts the 
    t
    							reasure exists will do no seeking at all. It's the same with God. If 
    you doubt that God exists, you will not seek Him out.
    I don't get this question at all. If I totally believed in god why would
     I seek him out? It's when you doubt something that you search for it to
     either reassure that it really exists or know once and for all that 
    it's a fairy tell. As Tashawaa said, many had no doubt in their minds 
    that Atlantis existed or that Santa Claus existed, were they right? But 
    they searched and were able to learn the truth instead of what others 
    told them. Isn't it also a good thing that people doubted that the 
    world was flat? Yes. There are many times in ours lives where doubt is 
    a good thing. Believing blindly is what's scary. Doubting if god exists 
    it very important, and I refuse to make my conclusions before I have 
    plenty of evidence to support it.
    So, do you believe the treasure exists? You have shown you do not.
    I believe in the possibility of a treasure, and I have searched for the 
    treasure my whole life. Unfortunately, at some point you have to face 
    reality and realize that the treasure you so desperately seek just isn't
     there. You might want it more than anything, but that doesn't make it 
    real.
    One who doubts will not seek.
    Lies. I have doubts and I truly seek, why do you think I've searched the
     Bible and various religions and even put this question to the board?
     I've also prayed. . . 
    Well, I'm glad that your beliefs are unshakeable, I thought mine were too 
    Nothing lasts forever.

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 24 October 2002 18:25:25

• Satanus
    Satanus

Believing or not has a lot to do w ones heritage, or ones nature. Same w guilt or worrying. Some people just naturally feel unsure about stuff. God has nothing to do w it. These qualities in different people or even the qualities of different nationalities are illustrtaed well by the differences in characters of different dog breeds. After all, our bodies are just a higher form of animal.

Compare two dog breeds: the golden lab and the beagle. The golden lab http://www.geocities.com/~kidsanddogs/goldens.html likes ball games, is confident and alert. They don't like to be left alone, are good swimmers affectionate, etc.

The beagle http://www.geocities.com/~kidsanddogs/beagles.html have a strong sense of smell, are faithful, gentle, generally quiet, wary of strangers, posessive of their food, etc.

Some breeds are good w kids, some aren't.

Does god decide what each dog will be like? Does the dog decide what god will be like? Sorry, couldn't help it. But most humans decide what god is like. Some humans couldn't give a flying fig about god. Either way, just be what you are. Whatever you come to be will be just fine. Maybe you are a searcher, and so you search. Searching is fun.

Btw, i couldn't read your post in red. It scrolled out of sight.

SS

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

SS-

I don't know what happened to my red post but there's a scroll bar at the bottom.

I'm glad you think it's a good thing that I should search if I have doubts, I was told "can someone with doubts truly be seeking God? . . . You have shown you do not. One who doubts will not seek."

So some think that I shouldn't doubt or if I do why bother seeking? Isn't it human nature to explore?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Exploring/seeking is part of our nature, in the west. If we didn't have that trait, we would have never left africa, to explore europe and asia as the icebergs receded. We wouldn't have left europe and england for the new world. We wouldn't have christianity as part of our culture, as it is foriegn to nonjews. We would still be clinging to our european or african tribal religions.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit