You Tube Video Ex-Betheliite Ex-Walkill Worker Layed Off!

by cha ching 116 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I don't have time right now to read all the posts but as a former Bethelite I believe every word of the guys story and it makes my blood boil.

I had all of my money stolen out of my room while I was a Bethelite and I had my first rude awakening about the supposedly loving organization I had been raised in. I had gone through twelve years of public school and had not so much as one conflict with anyone or anything stolen from me. Within months of being a Bethelite, mixed among some nice well meaning young guys, I met more misfits and mean people that I'd ever known before. Here I was at Bethel, "Gods headquarters" robbed of all my money and flat broke.

Instead of going to the Police ( as I should have), naturally I went to the Bethel office to report what happened . They treated me very strangely, I had expected them to be sympathetic and angry that such a thing could have happened at Bethel. During the conversation they grilled me, not about how the crime happened but wanted to how I had spent the money. I suddenly realized that they thought I was lying and that they had no intention of doing anything about the crime that had occurred within their own walls. I began to get angry that they would think that as a Bethelite I'd actually lie about such a thing. I told them that I had no money in the world and couldn't call home and have my non Witness father find out that I was robbed at Bethel. It was only then that they admitted that someone was breaking into the rooms and then they forked over a whole $10.00 for me to buy subway tokens with so that I could go to the meetings by subway for the rest of the month and instructed me not to tell anyone about this. I knew there was something very wrong with these people and bided my time until my year was up and I could return home. In the coming months I realized that the Sister who cleaned our room and her husband were acting strangely toward me. Whenever I saw them in the dining room or in the hallway, they'd turn away quickly and scurry off. I had been thinking that there was a Bethel Burglar so it didn't dawn on me until years later, the he and she may have been the ones who stole my money.

Anyway,when I returned home, I was asked to speak in front of the congregation and at the Circuit Assembly about my experience at Bethel. The brothers were puzzled why I always declined to do so. I'd make excuses and indicate that I didn't want to bring attention to myself but the truth is, I couldn't honestly recommend that anyone go to Bethel like they wanted me to do.

These people are out of touch with the real world and have become heartless and condescending to anyone who finds themselves in a situation that makes them question their own supposedly noble mission. They remind me of the rich religious guy who steps over a homeless guy in the street and instead of wondering how God can allow this to happen to people, he instead thinks to himself how blessed he is and it's must be the homeless guys own fault if God isn't blessing him too.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

In any book workers are "laid off" because there is no work for them because sales are down, business is slow--there is not work.

Excellent description of the WTS business currently.

In Bethel, there is work, and a person can get a job change instead of being kicked out if they want him to stay when the job he was doing is no longer needed instead of getting some new person in Bethel to replace him, that is called firing, asked to leave, getting kicked out, NOT getting laid off.

So its about who you know, how good of a brown-noser you are, or if you are actually worth keeping around because you have a degree, are a lawyer, etc. So the last round of "layoffs" where they sent hundreds out into the field with a "keep warm and well fed" were not actually layoffs, they were firings. OK, that makes it all good.

Try thinking instead of asking stupid questions.

Advice you would do well to apply first to yourself with your idiotic splitting of hairs between layoffs/firings.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I used to think that bethel was a wonderful place. I was deceived. Now that I'm out and getting on with my life, I see it as a hell hole that I wish I had never, ever set eye on.

My story is different, but plenty in his account that I can relate to. I'll tell more, someday.

I still sometimes have nightmares where I'm in bethel. I'm so very happy when I wake up and realize that the nightmare is over. I have a degree. I have the freedom that comes with earning a good income and no more bondage to the cult.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Advice you would do well to apply first to yourself with your idiotic splitting of hairs between layoffs/firings.

Listen Einstein, didn't you read my post explaining the difference between layoffs and firing? Let me tell you again. When a person is laid off, he can be called back when there is more work versus hiring someone else. They would need to train the new person, see if he he can do the job,etc.The person that is laid off knows the job and would be a better candidate. When a person is fired, he ain't gonna be re-hired. He was kicked out. That is the difference. See?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Fisherman, fisherman, fisherman.

No, lay offs do not mean there is an expectation to be called back to work.

Lay offs are when people are just let go. Usually for reductions in force.

Maybe you are thinking of furloughs?

But, it's okay because bethelites can just apply for unemployment insurance. No, oh wait, you can't.

Or how about a few weeks' severence pay so you can get back on your feet? Oh, no, wait, they don't do that either.

So what exactly is it that keeps the Watchtower from being the vultures that they are behaving like?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So okay - after reading thousands of instances of ill treatment, injustice, unfairness, hypocrisy and corruption in the home office, we should still believe that nobody is kicked out unless they have brought it on themselves.

Marina

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Listen Einstein, didn't you read my post explaining the difference between layoffs and firing? Let me tell you again. When a person is laid off, he can be called back when there is more work versus hiring someone else. They would need to train the new person, see if he he can do the job,etc.The person that is laid off knows the job and would be a better candidate. When a person is fired, he ain't gonna be re-hired. He was kicked out. That is the difference. See?

And of course you miss the whole gist of the coversation that we are all having. Are you that dense, or does WT programming just not allow you to see the trees in the forest?

The WT isn't an employer in the traditional sense, thus your application to a real corporation doesn't apply. We use the term "layoff" not in the exact business sense, but in the all-to-real reality of the WT letting people go after years of service for no good reason other than they do not want to support them any longer. That is what happened last round, people didn't "do anything", they were just pond scum on that needed to be cleared away so the elites at Brooklyn had a cleaner pond to look at.

Really does this need to be explained to you?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

No, lay offs do not mean there is an expectation to be called back to work.

Another mental defective. You do not know what you are talking about., learn. Granted, there are other reasons for being laid off. I did not state all of them BUT, if you can read, there is a difference between being fired and being laid off. I never said that someone that is laid of for reduction in work force CAN EXPECT to be re-rehired. I only showed the difference between being laid off and being fired Can't you read and can you not think?

Let me tell you something Lucid, when they want to keep you in Bethel they do not ask you to leave. There is no reduction in work force, dummy. Did you not read that new people come in all of the time in spite of people being asked to leave? IF reduction in work force was the case, they would not be hiring new people all of the time and they would be re-assigning the existing workers instead of getting new workers. People get job changes all of the time in Bethel. and instead of being "laid off", one would be reassigned instead of getting a new replacement. Lay offs is not the reason why people have been asked to leave.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Really does this need to be explained to you?

Another dummy. I am not wasting any more time re explaining and re-stating everything.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Okay, brother johnson.

Go get lost in a sea of semantics that only serve to distract you from the big picture.

Watchtower takes advantage of their non-employees, not only treating them without the high standards of God's true organization, but worse than even a worldly corporation would, not giving severence pay or access to unemployment insurance.

I hope you're never an employee in a company that just gets rid of you after 4 years with no warning just because they think someone else might be able to do it better. Or, they get rid of you after 25 years because you just can't work as hard as you used to. Or, better yet, they get rid of you right before you are eligible to retire because they don't want to get stuck with paying your pension or retiree health care.

Most of these things are illegal, or at the least, unethical. But "God's Organization" gets away with doing all of these things simply because they are a religious order. Oh, and they don't have to pay you either because you sign a vow of poverty.

Sounds like a great place to work! And if you were ever there, I have no idea why you didn't stay!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit