You Tube Video Ex-Betheliite Ex-Walkill Worker Layed Off!

by cha ching 116 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cappytan
    cappytan

Fisherman: when you do something worth being kicked out of bethel, you are asked to leave the same day.

they don't let you stick around for a week.

• KiddingMe
  • steve2
    steve2

I do feel sorry for this young man. He clearly needs to pour his heart out but I hope his brothers and sisters do not close ranks against him because of his youtube clips. There is an impression that, either those in his home congregation or him or both are caught up in some kind of discord and he is not being helped in a kind and decent way by the elders. He also appears depressed and more than a little preoccupied about the details of being treated unfairly. Quite why he turned to youtube is hard to say - and I do wonder about his judgement in doing so. Perhaps it is a cry for help to brothers in the organization. He does not strike me as one who has questioned anything substantial about the organization but he is very taken by the way he had been treated.

Does anyone know this young man? He could do with a safe, constructive venue for airing his pain and hurt.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The sort of shock one feels at being treated so outrageously by the "brothers" who you have dedicated your life to could be compared to a fratricide of sorts. "How can this happen in God's organization" is a common and understandable reaction.
  • freddo
    freddo

He sounds genuine to me. Deluded and Naive. But genuine.

It would be good if he could show the invoice for food and any other documentation. If he left in good standing and it's written on his letters and there is a bill. That would answer Fisherman's points.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Got the boot. Straight cold blooded

He seems sincere and this doesn't come across as a host. It will be interesting to see more videos from him. He just started a Youtube account.

• Listener
    Listener
    I wonder what this guy did to get kicked out without notice? Maybe he will let us know in another video. Regardless, he wasn't treated properly. The least they could do is give him some money to tide him over for the next month. You don't just kick someone out with nothing when you have made a commitment to house and feed them.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fisherman: when you do something worth being kicked out of bethel, you are asked to leave the same day.

they don't let you stick around for a week.

Why not?

Cappy, first we are assuming that everything that he said in the video is true, that he was a Bethelite, and also including the time that he was allowed to stay after he was asked to leave. Assuming everything that he says is true, one is not asked to leave Bethel the same day, except for something major. According to what he said, he was given a letter of recommendation stating that he left in good standing, so it was not something that required him to leave the same day, but it was something important enough to be asked to leave Bethel. It was something that he did or was not doing, and that is why he was asked to leave ( kicked out ) They tolerated him for a week. Sometimes a person can stay longer. It depends. I am telling you what I know.

• steve2
    steve2

I suppose Fisherman if you could sit down with the young man your questions could be answered and you'd have a firmer basis for deciding whether he is ( or isn't )genuine in his assertions.

That aside, he does convey an impression of bafflement over what he alleges happened to him. I wondered whether he has family, including parents he could turn to. He seems very isolated. I don't get the impression that he's on a mission against the organization; to the contrary, he comes across as trying to make sense of what he alleges happened.

On a possibly relevant note, he doesn't seem interested in conveying a physical impression of having been at Bethel recently: He sports a beard and wears a sports cap - which is hardly going to win him sympathy from his brothers and sisters in the religion.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

suppose Fisherman if you could sit down with the young man your questions could be answered and you'd have a firmer basis for deciding whether he is ( or isn't )genuine in his assertions.

he does convey an impression of bafflement over what he alleges happened to him.

I have no reason to doubt him steve (that he was in Bethel), I just do not know for sure, and that is why I considered what he said and explained the reasons why he could have been allowed to stay as long as he was allowed to, and not be required to leave the same day. As for all his assertions and views, for those that know why people are asked to leave and how things are handled, know that this man was kicked out for something that happened relating to him. He did not tell us in the video the full story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit