You Tube Video Ex-Betheliite Ex-Walkill Worker Layed Off!

by cha ching 116 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    just tracked him down to FB, and shared a pm with him, seems he's out a fair time and moved on with his life
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Fisherman: Bethel layoffs like this have happened by the thousands and will continue to happen.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

According to his story: His dismissal was Illegal and Unfair - In secular terms he would have and still does have recourse to Caesars courts [like JW cares!]

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good to hear he escaped! Sometimes all it takes is something pivotal that happens directly to YOU. The lack of love and concern for someone can shake a person to the core.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

I'm glad he shared this and that someone found it and posted it here.

Obviously, none of us know the full circumstances, but I too am appalled at the callous and unloving way this was handled. A few years ago, the same thing happened to an acquaintance who was a long-time Bethelite but had reached the age where they begin to view people as liabilities more than productive drones. He absolutely refused to acknowledge the term "downsizing." He said, "That's a worldly term!" He just resolutely accepted that he was being "reassigned" to the field. His words said one thing, but his face said another. No adequate notice, no severance, no assistance finding lodging or employment, no moving assistance, no nothing. Just "Have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out." Poor guy.

I hope Marcus did better than he. I wish him good luck with the rest of his life, whatever direction it takes.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Jehovah sent his son to die for your sins but now it's just not working out to let you stay in his building. He doesn't want to be your landlord anymore.

Marina

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Just watched part 2.... Yep 100% accurate. When i left i too got my final bill for some very petty nonsense. They used to charge us (in brooklyn anyway) for using the air conditioner. They charged for phone calls. They charged for everything even as a full bore loney tunes believer i knew that was wrong, to get my hard work for free and then charge me for ac???? Or a phone call home????

I never paid mine. They sent two "reminders" (i prob still have them somewhere) and the let it go. On to part 3...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Just watched part 3... This is where he and i differ. I didnt have a hard time finding work but i had only been there for a year and i returned to washington Dc, lots of job oportunities here. I did however get a lot of attitude from local cult members, " oh how could you leave the spiritual paradise " etc etc... Anyone whos been to bethell knows: its not spritual. its not paradise.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds like Jah kicked the guy out of paradise, his work was apparently redundant.

I wonder if he was in the video that the WTS put out in " Happiness is " ?

To think he was doing this for free too. Where's the respect ?

I've heard of people who've had this done to them get so pissed off that go to work at Satan's publishing house

in retribution.

• steve2
    steve2

I hope the youtube clips are part of his way of proessing what happened. It sounds so recent and yet it happened in the early 2000s. He seems very caught up in the detail of it, like he can't let it go...meanwhile, life goes on and the powers that be at Bethel don't give a flying fig.

For reasons as yet unshared, he just wasn't Bethel material. You won't hear his "experience" at a convention or on the platform. I wonder if he has read the newly compiled brochured, " Return to Jehovah" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit