You Tube Video Ex-Betheliite Ex-Walkill Worker Layed Off!

by cha ching 116 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• millie210
    millie210
    life is to short

I wish I had been listening to Dave Ramey back than because I would have thrown out what Dave says back to him as loudly as he was talking. I just sat there totally embarrassed hoping no one was listening, I was to polite back than I now realize

What does he say? You made me curious!

I have seen from personal observation though, that people seem to afford what they want to...

• life is to short
    life is to short

Millie

Dave Ramsey is totally against debt and credit cards. He makes a ton of sense as far as I am concerned. So many JW's live on the edge and always complain about money and how they are broke, etc.

When my husband was an elder we had ones all the time come to us begging for money or for us to help them with bill's etc, most elders would not do it and they would dump the needy ones on us. I was just amazed by it. Even when I was single and just a young sister in the hall I was dumped on to help single mom's and young ones go out in service. Here i was working two to three part time jobs and there were these two elder's wives who berated me and guilted me into taking this single mom to the assembly and having her stay in my room. It was the first time in my life I had ever stayed in a hotel and I paid for the room for my sister and I totally by myself with out anyone giving me a dime. I told this elder's wife NO over and over and over and meeting after meeting after meeting she just wore me down. Here I was just 19 years old and so poor myself. These two elder and their wives were very well to do. I still to this day do not understand why they dumped this single mom on me.

It was hell, the single mom was rude to me, demanding and spent the whole time yelling abusing her four your old son. The little boy broke a dresser in the room and I was so freaked out I was going to have to pay for it. The mom trashed the room, wore a pair of my shoes that I had saved up for and ruined them. I never got a thank you from her nor the elder's wives.

Dave Ramsey is totally against doing that to people, he feels that they should help themselves and uses the Bible a lot. I do not totally agree with everything he says but probably about 80%.

He feels husband and wives should have a equal say in a marriage. That is totally against what it was like in the "truth". I had no say what so ever. My husband felt so sorry for so many and he give and give and give even when it meant us going without. That was so unfair and it really hurt me.

I do not mind helping but when it takes away from the family or the ones you are helping are rude to the mate than the helping needs to stop.

Dave Ramsey says the husband and wife should be united. I just totally agree. I used to turn the ringers off on the phone so we could at least have some time together as the congregation came first in our marriage and I was always second. That is just not how it should be and Dave really points it out. He is on the radio and I listen to him as often as I can. I just really love his way of reasoning.

LITS

• millie210
    millie210

I appreciate the answer life is too short!

I vaguely know who he is but I havent listened to him. I know he is held in high regard by people and after reading what you have said I can see why.

I wish I could say I cant believe how those elders wives stuck you with that single mom when you yourself were young and just making it but actually I CAN believe it. Sad.

Thanks for taking the time to type that out and for sharing some of your story with me. You sound like you value balance. I agree with you on that.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Dave also feels you should not see the inside of a restaurant unless you work there until you debts are paid off. That would be impossible for most JW's I know as they feel eating out is their God given right.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short
    Thank you mille.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    This is a good one that I heard about through the grape vine. They were building an assembly hall, and on the premises there was an existing house in which the overseer of the build could stay in. This guy was virtually working for nothing and the cheeky buggers were charging him rent to live in the house. After a short while I heard the stopped it but the fact remains that they even decided to do it in the first place just appals me. Bear in mind the cost of living in this city where Hall was been built was astronomical e.g compared to what you earn as a posed to the cost of real estate is worse than new York and London.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    It's fucked up. But now he know: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit