Yes the WT Told Millions of Youth NO COLLEGE!!

by JT 66 Replies latest jw friends

• footprints
    footprints

santacruzchick
    I assume you are talking about today. If you had been there in 69 and tried to get an education you would have had to endure a lot of shunning and gossip.

• footprints
    footprints

In the mid 80s I went back to school. I was treated like dirt by many. One mother went so far as to say that I was setting a bad example for her son. I got my degree. one of my children is working on a masters, and one is in the second year of college.

The few that ignored the society back in the early 70's proved smarter than the rest of us, but they certainly defied the organization and paid a price for doing so.

Of course now anyone with big homes and fine cars they can impress traveling preachers and get all kinds of status.

COs and DOs are mostly a bunch of suckasses and they are impressed with anyone who is a bigger suckass than they are.

• Coqui
    Coqui

In 1983, I was 20 years old, playing college baseball, I came into contact with the Dubs and within a year no more baseball, no more college. My parents were pissed!!

This makes me sick today although two years later I went against the grain and enrolled in college once again. My worldly parents warned me I might end up as a janitor.

Everything about this mind controlling cult is true with regards to this subject!!!! I lived it.

• JT
    JT

YES the WTB&TS discouraged a college education. I know this because I experienced it first hand.

Anyone who tries to tell you different is at best misinformed, or at the worst a liar.

##############

bottom line

• JT
    JT

. I've had JWs tell me that the WTBTS never really discouraged kids from going to college and that it was a personal decision on their part. THAT IS HORSE HOCKEY! I was there and lived it.

@@@@@@@@@

nice summary --yes active jw are always trying to tell those of us who was there what it was like

we know what it was like

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

This is really a sad thread for a lot of us. I remember my unsuspecting, duped, parents telling me to .."just get passing grades and get your high school diploma". I was told not to worry about doing well enough for college admission because this "old world" would not likely be around. So that's what I did...barely got enough credits to get through high school. I did attend one year of junior college to get my student deferment to keep me out of Viet Nam. Of course I had other friends that were being hauled off to prison. My motivation was low in j.c too because this was 1970-'71 and 1975 was just around the corner. I was a janitor for awhile and had lots of other dead-end jobs. Luckily I became motivated later and went on to be successful in the television industry. What's funny is when I started my tv show, no one was supportive. They all thought I was crazy including the elder who studied with me. Later though it became a source of pride for them. They would tell others that I was studying and attending the meetings, etc. I too, like Farkle and others, hate the bastards for screwing up so many lives....in the name of God.

-BONEZZ

• JT
    JT

; Isn't it easier to manage and control the minds of millions of rank&file all over the world, with limited education or sophistication,making it easy to impose their false doctrines and teachings without question?

########

now this is an excellent point

• JT
    JT

The topic of this thread dredges up a lot of bad feelings and resentment for me. I gave those cock-suckers two years of convicted felon work over alternative military service and I never even got a toaster! Then they changed their fucking "Bible-Based" policy to a position they had BEFORE they dreamed up their fucking "Bible-Based" NO alternative military service. "Bible-Based" today. Satanic tomorrow. "Bible-Based" again in ten years

#############

i know the feeling ans so do many others

• JT
    JT

In 1983, I was 20 years old, playing college baseball, I came into contact with the Dubs and within a year no more baseball, no more college. My parents were pissed!!

######

interesting exp, for those like me and others we never got the chance to go and for folks already in college i know of so many WHO QUIT with just a few more classes left

and why - well in order to get baptized they had to demostrate that they believed the END WAS NEAR and the best way was to quit college

i know of so many jw who quit college while studing--- they would often relate how thier relationship withe their parents were destroyed - I CAN'T imagine how a parent must have felt to see thier child drop out of colllege to go and sell boooks

• JT
    JT

Bonezz- your exp was powerful, you are a living "Witness" of the damage and pain and hurt that wt has inflicted on all of us- i had the chance to go to college at Carolina and i would have graduated right with Michael Jordan, we would have came in the same year and graduated the same year

instead while mike was at Carolina, i went off to bethel to make books DAMN WE GOT HOODWINKED AND BAMBOOZLED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit