Yes the WT Told Millions of Youth NO COLLEGE!!

by JT 66 Replies latest jw friends

• rocky220
    rocky220

Yes, I remember when I was in my early teens, in Puerto Rico, how parents were taking kids out of highschool, due to this misguided message.....but think about this; Isn't it easier to manage and control the minds of millions of rank&file all over the world, with limited education or sophistication,making it easy to impose their false doctrines and teachings without question? Great conspiracy theory, no?.............rocky220

• dmouse
    dmouse

The Society is often careful what it puts in print, since it doesn't want its arse sued when people get upset for ruining their lives due to their crap advice.

However, much emotional blackmail is put on youths during meetings, which often contain no written record. One can only imagine the pressure put on youths to not go to college during this meeting, scheduled for week starting July 2nd 2001:

(From June 2001 KM) Perhaps some of the references in the scan might be worth checking out too.

• HaitianBoston
    HaitianBoston

THAT IS SO DAMN RIGHT!!!

Althought I still consider myself an active JW, but I'm afraid to say the WT policy on College education or higher education SUCK!!!

I remember this as if it was yesterday...My older sister was harrassed for attending Med School back home/ Years Later ... they (The local elders) adamently refused to baptized my older brother because he was attending Law school... My late father who died a fervent witness did not take that crap...

My sister finally drop out from Med school under pressure and went to Canada ( After taking a long leave of absence she's now back in the ORG) ---- As far as my brother is concern >>>YES HE DID GET HIS LAW degree (No longer attends meeting)

Well as I've stated earlier I'm still an active witness now married with two kids...

My kids have had college fund setup when they were born>>> Like my dad>>> I WILL NOT TAKE NO BS from anybody telling me my kids are better off becoming Janitors.

What's the deal with that anyway....THIS BS NEEDS TO STOP/

I think they are moving toward that direction anyway...

• guanash
    guanash

I was not formally marked after beginnig postgraduate school, but people in the congregation avoided me socially. I think that was not only for considering me spiritually weak, but also, because they felt uncomfortable for their own lack of higher education. I remember several times the PO of my congregation dedicated several minutes of his speeches to talk against higher education (when the general thread of those speeches had nothing to do with that). He looked at me when doing so. that wouldn't have been necessary, anyway, because I was the only one going to the univerity then. I disrespected that man deeply. I hated him. we moved from that congregation, to one in the capital city after moving to thecity for my studies.
    This Po was (still is) a bethelite elder who travelled to the province because of "special needs" of the area. so, he told his fellow bethelites, who served as elders in my new congregation that I was a proud and spiritually weak.
    six years passed in this congegation. I was pretty comfortable, in the city I was not the only one studing, so the brothers were used to it, and they generally didn't criticise. anyway, among the ones who were studing, it was usual to rationalize the reason why we were studing and justify ourselves.
    after six years I made a mistake. unclean behavior. sometimes I wonder if their really neede to adress a judicial meeting for that. I mean, I know it was wrong, I actually made a mistake, but it was occasional, not a usual behavior as they told me it was. some people get away from a hearing after commiting much serius sins. Ok. final result: I got kicked out. the chairman of that hearing was a truck driver for bethel, close friend to that former PO. he understood no reasons, I felt he was determined to disfellowship me from the very first moment. the other two ones: one was a fumigator, the other was a clerk at bethel.
    and I blame it all to the feeling they had about me finishing my studies at the time.
    I never fitted in there. So, I have to thank them for disfellowshipping me .

• guanash
    guanash

I was not formally marked after beginnig postgraduate school, but people in the congregation avoided me socially. I think that was not only for considering me spiritually weak, but also, because they felt uncomfortable for their own lack of higher education. I remember several times the PO of my congregation dedicated several minutes of his speeches to talk against higher education (when the general thread of those speeches had nothing to do with that). He looked at me when doing so. that wouldn't have been necessary, anyway, because I was the only one going to the univerity then. I disrespected that man deeply. I hated him. we moved from that congregation, to one in the capital city after moving to thecity for my studies.
    This Po was (still is) a bethelite elder who travelled to the province because of "special needs" of the area. so, he told his fellow bethelites, who served as elders in my new congregation that I was a proud and spiritually weak.
    six years passed in this congegation. I was pretty comfortable, in the city I was not the only one studing, so the brothers were used to it, and they generally didn't criticise. anyway, among the ones who were studing, it was usual to rationalize the reason why we were studing and justify ourselves.
    after six years I made a mistake. unclean behavior. sometimes I wonder if their really neede to adress a judicial meeting for that. I mean, I know it was wrong, I actually made a mistake, but it was occasional, not a usual behavior as they told me it was. some people get away from a hearing after commiting much serius sins. Ok. final result: I got kicked out. the chairman of that hearing was a truck driver for bethel, close friend to that former PO. he understood no reasons, I felt he was determined to disfellowship me from the very first moment. the other two ones: one was a fumigator, the other was a clerk at bethel.
    and I blame it all to the feeling they had about me finishing my studies at the time.
    I never fitted in there. So, I have to thank them for disfellowshipping me .

• mustang
    mustang

Farkel,

I had almost the exact same experience in High School as the one you described, at almost the same time!!!

I still go for the U.S. Army motto: "Be All That You Can Be". Now, they have their head on their shoulders, not up their ass.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 15 October 2002 13:47:54

• gumby
    gumby

69' Watchtower quote:

This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling.

Let me see now.......hmmmm....trades that do not require additional schooling.......what kinds of trades would that be?......let's see ummmmmmmmm.........................................

• mustang
    mustang

Gumby,

YES, the Bible is a useful book. But, the answer to your question can be had by going to current songwriting archives (well, reasonably current, anyway). Songwriting tends to follow recent trends more closely.

Trailers for sale or rent
    Rooms to let, fifty cents
    No cars no pool no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    It takes four hours of pushin' broom
    To buy a four-by-twelve two-bit room
    I'm a man of means, by no means
    King of the road

copyright Roger Miller

Also,

GYPSIES, TRAMPS AND THIEVES

is appropriate. This allows some choice in careers.

Hope this helps,

Mustang

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Scriptural principles regarding higher education?" What kind of Watchtower shit is that? Where does the Bible differentiate betwen junior high school (middle school), high school, University undergraduate studies and University graduate studies?

Those fucking high-school drop outs in Brooklyn who started out cleaning toilets and worked their way up to the Governing body made that crap up, that's what. And they were led by their college drop-out guru fucking hypocrite Freddie Franz who got several years of college himself and then decided to all-but-ban it for everyone else.

What a bunch of lying, selfish bastards those Brooklyn creeps really are. The topic of this thread dredges up a lot of bad feelings and resentment for me. I gave those cock-suckers two years of convicted felon work over alternative military service and I never even got a toaster! Then they changed their fucking "Bible-Based" policy to a position they had BEFORE they dreamed up their fucking "Bible-Based" NO alternative military service. "Bible-Based" today. Satanic tomorrow. "Bible-Based" again in ten years. What a pack of idiot low-lifes they are.

They still live like Kings and are worshipped like Gods, and we got the shaft and they don't care. When will dubbies ever wise up? Better late than never.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

Mustang,

LMAO

I thought , "Queen of my double wide trailor" by Sammy Kershaw, is another fitting tune.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit