Yes the WT Told Millions of Youth NO COLLEGE!!

by JT 66 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

I'm sure they're little lawyer minions are in an iron clad contract with a lifetime non-compete clause.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Never thought about that. Think maybe your right..........after all the wtbs has been fairly notorious for not compensating anyone at market rate. Well, except for da judge, who got his own mansion in San Diego with all the perks......two 16 cylinder caddy's, fine silk shirts, and all the bootleg liquor one could consume.

Of course we all know the mansion was for the faithful men of old, to have a place to stay upon returning to thier earthly bodies. How could the 'faithful slave' himself, wear anything less than fine silk. Couldn't be caught dead riding to an assembly in a Chevy now could he?

A fella needs to relax with a beer or two after telling millions of people they 'will never die' takes alot outa of a guy........who cares that Ceasar's law said no.........an imperfect man can't be that righteous, can eh?

BearPuke

Ps So you think the contract is for a term of 1,000yrs or more?

• JT
    JT

That explains alot.

What about going to school now? You seem to have alot of time on your hands.

#######

my wife and i are back in college in fact many here are in college now, and you are right we now have time on our hands ======no more meetings and field service

• JT
    JT

It should have been and should still be an entirely personal decision based on ones own conscience. #########

i agree with you and will go a step further, GOING TO COLLEGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CONSCIENCE as well

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hey, Garybuss........that's classic.

Millions now living will never learn. WTB&TS inc.

Aint it the truth.......and sad to say I'm one of them. But I'm changing that as we speak. I get my associates in just a few more months and then it's on to a bachelor's. This is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything.....the Society telling you not to get an education. Just all be a bunch of dumbf*cks working as janitors or window washers, but you're making Jehovah's heart glad. What a bunch of BS!!!

• JT
    JT

. This is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything.....the Society telling you not to get an education

########

know the feeling , and we are getting our degree as well at 40

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

In my congregation college wasn't discouraged, not was it encouraged....Soo I'm in college right now! My friends in HS were 'worldly' and I just had to follow the crowd...

• onacruse
    onacruse

Naw...say it ain't so!!!

And all these years I thought I passed up a free ride at a national top 10 college because it was MY choice.

What a pathetic joke.

Craig

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

JT,

It wasn't just the WTB&TS that put the pressure on not to go to college. When I made the decision my believing mother put pressure on me to attend just a trade school. The elders of the congregation in the town where I moved to suggested monthly that I stop attending college and focus more on the ministry. (For the record the elders that suggested this both had college educations as well as their wives.) It even got to the point that a CO was in on a conversation of the pros and cons of quitting college. This all happened in the early to mid 80's. I read the articles growing up not to attend college, attended by working my way through college (no I wasn't a pioneer), endured the pressure to quit from the college town elders, was labeled a heretic and worse by one of the elderette (elders wife).

So in summary:

YES the WTB&TS discouraged a college education. I know this because I experienced it first hand.

Anyone who tries to tell you different is at best misinformed, or at the worst a liar.

Goshawk

• Navigator
    Navigator

Most of my children fell for this bullshit in the mid 70's. My eldest daughter resisted the pressure and returned to the college her JW mother and I both graduated from. She continued to get pressure from the elders in the college town. She didn't respond to that pressure very well and eventually got DF'd for "not putting Jehovah first". She soon began to earn almost twice what her brothers and sisters were making. Two of my other daughters finally started back to school and one has recently graduated in nursing. The other is a senior in accounting. It is very hard however, since family and career were started in the meantime. They could only go part time. I've had JWs tell me that the WTBTS never really discouraged kids from going to college and that it was a personal decision on their part. THAT IS HORSE HOCKEY! I was there and lived it. As a result, there is a whole generation of JWs who are working for people not as smart as they are, but have college degrees. The line of the Wizard of OZ to the scarecrow is prophetic. "Brain? You don't need a brain." "What you need is a diploma."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit