Comments from Ray Franz re Bill Bowen

by Amazing 148 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

What ever you want Island Woman.

You want to make your comments please feel free and please go for blood if it makes you feel better. Why not phone him up on his 1-877 line and hack him up on his own money and his own time.

I know when someone steps in it. I know what its like and how embarassing it can be. I bet the farm Bill has a friggen bag over his head right now. Nothing like shoot your credibility all to hell that you have spent a lot of time building up.

If you feel the need to trash him - go for it if it makes you feel better.

I guess you are way better than me and never done anything stupid in your life and that's great and I am glad you can pull it off. Hmmm ... I do remember an Island Woman going after Maximus when he was really sick though ... hmmm.... but that must be a different person ... yeah must be someone different.

I have said my bit and its my opinion - not yours - based on my humble experience in life. You have said your bit and feel free to keep on hacking Bill up if it makes you feel better.

Here are two great human beings who want the hurt to stop. Things got out really out of hand on a public forum ... like they have a couple of times now .... and well ... paying the price is tough as Bill is finding out ....

hawk

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Amazing:
    these words of Bill's regarding Ray's character made in his post on IW thread:
    "He wrote a book that was dynamic in what it reveals, but his silence regarding abuse causes me to question his ability to stand for what is morally and ethically right."

Why bother to highlight that? I've already done it at least three times and noone CARES!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Why, Ven? Don't you think it's deserved?

He shouldn't have said anything. He didn't have to share his opinion on that subject. Ray is precious to many of us here. Moe said she came out of the WTS because of Ray's books, not because of Silentlambs. It's a clue.

Having said that, I will add that I really like Bill, and totally support Silentlambs

Uh...pardon me but why is it ok for bill to yell at people and make accusations for as long as he has been posting but it's not ok for anyone to dare question Bills lack of forethought ESPECIALLY when that lack of forethought can cause more harm then good?????

Something is really really wrong with this picture

This has nothing to do with how much you like him.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 9 October 2002 20:49:28

• borgfree
    borgfree
    Ray is precious to many of us here

I fit in that catagory. I personally know of several people who found out the truth about the WT from Ray, both in his books and personal conversations. I am one who received much help from Ray, in leaving the WT and starting a new life without the WT. I have said many times, I will always be very grateful to Ray and BRCI for so much help when I really needed it.

While I am glad Silentlambs is here, and active, I also know that not everyone has chosen to make that particular area, their life's work. Many, who became Christian, think their command is to preach the gospel, and, believe that must come first in their lives.

I do not mean to sound like I do not think Silentlambs is very important, just that not everyone makes that their most important work.

Borgfree

Edited by - borgfree on 9 October 2002 22:5:45

• Mulan
    Mulan

Plum, what I meant by what I said, is that if Bill had this opinion, and wanted to keep his credibility, he should have kept it to himself. No one should be surprised at the flame war that erupted after his comments.

He has posted other comments, in the past, and then gone in and edited them out. I'll bet he wished he had done that here.

• bigboi
    bigboi

This issue has been personalized. IMO, it shouldn't have been. This isn't about any one person. The issue of child abuse doesn't need any one person in particular to speak against it. The most important voices are those which have been silenced by a destructive policy. Silentlambs was meant to give a voice to those victims. Up til now that has been sufficient to publicize the issue as never before. What really impressed me though, was that Silentlambs accomplished this without a desire for the sensational. It was simply the stories of the abused. Now it seems that Mr. Bowen is attempting to sensationalize the issue. That may not be the best course of action.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

You know what is ironic. In Iraq all the people hate Saddam, but because they in-fight so much and can not get a clear line of attack, they fail and now they are a huge mess with no hope. Weird, that is on the news all the time ... and yet no one learns. I think BB and all could pay a little more attention and not turn on themselves, and people who support their cause. Delusions of Grandeur, it is self-defeating.

My thought

Dragon

• DJ
    DJ

AMAZING............................................THANKS!!!

Hopefully, the two gentlemen can iron things out. Dj

• footprints
    footprints

1 Peter 4:8
    King James Bible___ And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Jerusalem Bible___ Above all, never let your love for each other grow insincere, since love covers over many a sin.

Bill and Ray are worshipers of the same God. They are both fine men. Love will take care of it...

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

To me it seems like maybe Bill demanded that Ray jump on the bandwagon. When Ray refused, Bill interpreted it to mean he doesn't support Silentlambs whatsoever. This doesn't seem very far fetched considering how he treated Hillary Step either. The words Bill wrote were very strong and VERY VERY clear. They were not stated as his opinion. They were direct accusations against Ray Franz. That is BAD BAD BAD in my point of view! Like someone else already said, his "My way or the highway" attitude is a big TURN OFF!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit