Comments from Ray Franz re Bill Bowen

by Amazing 148 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Excellent information Amazing. Thanks for your efforts!

Dismembered

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    silentlambs is an organization that supports abuse survivors and educates the public as to how children are being hurt by wt policy. I ask no one to support me, I ask all to support abuse survivors. Ray Franz by his actions and by his words to me personally and several others who have talked with me about converstions with Ray on this topic, does not support silent lambs/abuse survivors who have been harmed by WT policy.

... to which Ray Franz stated that he made no such statement to Bill Bowen, and that Bill knowns that is not the case. He invites Bill Bowen to call him and clear matters

This bothers me a GREAT deal... so if Bill didn't misunderstand, then he is lying.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I have the utmost respect & admiration for what Bill has done and is doing. IMHO, Bill has become so entrenched in the war that perhaps he is becoming overwhelmed. Perhaps he was hoping for someone as respected as Ray to come out along with him, giving him the support that perhaps he needs. I don't know why he said what he said. I can only assume he's to far gone in this situation to be thinking straight.

But I do think that it is better that we tell him when we think he is wrong, instead of just "sitting in our armchairs" thinking & saying nothing. THE PEOPLE HERE CARE - they care about the issue, they care about Bill. Most are saying this because they care, and for that he should be glad. Glad he doesn't have a bunch of worshipping "yes" men that won't warn him when he ventures into areas that could lose credibility to the very people he's trying to help.

So Bill, if you're reading, take a break, regroup & get it back together. All here applaud & support your efforts. Many here have in many ways. For so many to be asking you to check yourself on this should say something. Listen.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Sorry but there is no excuse. Wrong is Wrong.Why don't we just start making excuses for everything when we don't feel like admitting when we are wrong and owe an apology to someone for slandering them publicly? If the shoe were on the other foot Bill would be screeming and demanding so put up or shut up. That is if you want respect. If not then non of this matters.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks for the comments Jim. I trust you wrt to what was said.

Anyway enough of this crap. Stepping in it is just so much fun sometimes isn't it?

Bill enjoy your time at ____ and I know you will personally phone Ray and get the issue of Ray actually NOT supporting the WTS policy clearly understood as Jim has.

I guess you have heard enough of the board on this and well ... sh!t does happen.

You do good work Bill Bowen .... a lot more than people know ..... and .... well sometimes things just get a little out of wack at times.

hawk

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I have always had the greatest repsect for Mr Franz. He has conducted himself as a true gentleman throughout. Many have wondered why Mr Franz had not been involved or outspoken in regards to Silent Lambs and the pediphile issue. From the posted comments atrubuted to Mr Franz I will still say it is because Mr Franz is a reasonable and stable man- one who is not on a personal vendetta. His books have done much to expose the WT, however in each case the case was presented in a gentleman's way.

From all that I can find Mr Bowen has only one mission: To destroy or get back at the WT. Blacken their already darkened eyes. Not knowing and having no way to validate the remarks credited to MR Franz I can only make a judgement call based upon what I have personally seen and heard from Mr Bowen and his attitude and comments to those who do not agree with him. Based on those things I believe it plausable that Mr Bowen could have incorrectly quoted Mr Franz.

As I asked in earlier posts: "Besides marches and court cases what aid has Silent Lambs offered or given to abuse victims?" Why, after this length of time, does Mr Bowen, whose only know credential is having been an elder, take the sole responsibility in answering and responding to callers seeking aid? Where are the professionals that he continually bashes the WT for not havin or offering?

Is this an anti-jw campaign in honesty? Was Mr Franz miss-quoted because Mr Franz saw through Mr Bowens true motivation and refused to offer support to silent lambs?

• Earnest
    Earnest
    "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things. I tell you that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgement Day; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned." - Matthew 12:34-37

We have heard both men speak. I know where I would put my money on Judgement Day.

Earnest

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

GIVE ME A BREAK!

NOW YOUR PUTTING WORDS INTO MR FRANZ'S MOUTH!

I agree this issue needs clarification, Mr Franz? As they say better from the horses mouth and not his ASS!

Edited by - hamptonite21 on 9 October 2002 19:32:29

• Mary
    Mary

".....IMHO, Bill has become so entrenched in the war that perhaps he is becoming overwhelmed...."

I tend to agree. I don't believe either Bill or Ray deliberately lied, but there was obviously a misinterpretation during their conversation. This has probably happened to all of us at one time or another.

Both men have done an enormous amount in helping people "see the light" about the Borg in their own ways. I'm sure they'll talk and get it resolved.

Edited by - Mary on 9 October 2002 19:37:56

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

thank you mary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit