I'm being DF'ed...

by email 53 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

Hi all,

This is my first post on this board even though I have been lurking for a LOOONG time...

I have just being told that the judicial committee has decided to disfellowship me and that I have a week to appeal if I decide to do so.

The reason: "Apostasy"

My sin: I told a friend that I agreed with what was said on the DATELINE interviews and that I didnt believed in the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

So now, here I am... soon to be treated the same way they treat murderers, robbers, violators... etc. etc. etc.

When they first met with me the accusation was "we are having this meeting because there have been several people that are saying that you are going around saying that the faithful and discreet salve is misleading people"... to what I replied "I have never said such thing" (at least in public) the 2 elders in that meeting told me we KNOW you said that I told them that if in fact after the investigation and after we bring the witnesses the result is that I DIDNT say that that then I can say that indeed that is blasphemy? One of them replied: I will give back ALL my privileges as Elder I PERSONALLY will write a letter to the society!

So we agreed to meet for a second time to "confront" the people that were saying such allegations... When I asked what TYPE of meeting it was going to be the elder said "we are going to discuss the same things that we were discussing in the previous meeting" (notice the question vs. the answer) and I agreed to meet... when I get to the Kingdom Hall There were 3 Elders instead of the 2 that I met with the first time... when I asked why the third one they said... "Dont you know... this is a Judicial Committee"... I told them that I didn't KNOW and that I SPECIFICALLY asked what TYPE of meeting it was to the elder that called me... I then told them that if that was the case (if it was in fact a Judicial Committee) that I didn't want THAT elder in the committee... In the first meeting he did A LOT of name calling, something I told HIM it was Unnecessary. Things like repeating time after time the fact that I'm an Inactive disassociated, a sinner...etc. etc. etc. Don't get me wrong... we're ALL sinners what gets me is the direct remarks with the intent of insulting or making you feel less. They totally ignored my request to remove that elder and requests made after the meeting was over for that elder to be removed from that committee. When my two friends came forward to talk about our conversation he stated that we got into a heated argument about pedophiles and the societies position on the matter and that at one point I said that I didnt believe in the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

I dont know if the reader agrees with me but to me those are two TOTALLY different things from what they were originally accusing me for. In fact they were SURE that I had said that the faithful and discreet slave are misleading people and were willing to put their leadership in the org. on the line!

To make the story short Yesterday they met with me and told me their decision to disfellowship me.

That is my story

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

So...how's it feel to be finally let out of jail?

PS. Welcome

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OMG, wow, that's horrible I'm so sorry email. I'm glad you finally decided to post here, it'll be great to share with this group of crazy people. I hope they're here for you as they have been for me!!!

Ven

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I wish to welcome you to the board also.

kkluv

• Lin
    Lin

Welcome to the real world, and welcome to the board! Hope to see many more posts from you!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, email,

[blue] Welcome to the Board! [/ blue]

As you may have been reading, the WT has been taking a hard line lately with any thought to be "apostates" or "causing divisions."

As for us, here, we know that you should by no means be lumped in with rapists, adulterers, and murderers! Too bad the JWs aren't aware of how little it takes to be disfellowshipped and how heavy-handed (versus loving, refreshing, shepherd-like) the elders have become in response to WT direction. And good for you that you reacted with a heart and a conscience to the information presented on Dateline!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

outnfree

(and now you are, too! )

Edited by - outnfree on 3 October 2002 21:57:39

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi, email. Welcome to the forum.

You will find many people here who have experienced their own judicial meetings and survived to tell about it.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

You with the sane now, welcome aboard!!

Take Care

Dragon

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Welcome to FREEDOM, e-mail.

Shari

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Remember Lot's wife - don't look back! The Watchtower is a wasteland. Welcome to freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit