I'm being DF'ed...

by email 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Welcome to the board and welcome to your new life.

Sadie

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I'm not going to give you any welcomes or congratulations, to me that is a way too easy and light-hearted attitude. But I assure you I understand; have been there, and it is no pleasant situation. The surprise attack is hard to handle. They want a talk, and only at the very end of the invitation comes the word JC. No reasons, nothing to prepare for. One prepares in one's mind, but the accussation is something quite different. Quick thinking and keeping the sentences meanwhile meaning nothing, being empty words, while you at the same time think and then make the statements you have meanwhile figured out, helps. Thank you for the meeting, we'll meet with you again in some weeks. Why? To give the result. Meanwhile, business as usual. New meeting. For the first time, df'ing is mentioned. At the very end of it, no - we'll keep you. But you'll have to shut up for months, voice is not to be heard. Maybe we'll need another meeting.

Man, are those weeks bad for your heart and sleep and stomach. Df'ing is hazardous to your health .........

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey ((((Email)))

I'm so glad that you felt comfortable enough to share your story here. I know that you've been struggling quite a long time with this and I'm sorry that you're having to go through what you've tried so hard to avoid.

Someone mentioned that it's a good idea to get some new friends and I agree. Developing new friendships with people on the "outside" helps us know that we aren't really losing our sanity even though it may feel like it.

Whatever you decide to do, please know that there are many here who can relate to what you're going through and support you through this painful process.

Dana

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I'm not going to give you any welcomes or congratulations, to me that is a way too easy and light-hearted attitude.

Edited by - pomegranate on 4 October 2002 7:22:53

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

APPEAL their decision

give them something to be occupied and to think twice before acting stupidly as they did

kind regards

LL

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome e-mail!!!Me too " been there done that" but when they ousted me.( I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914 thats why) I wanted to die!!!! Boy if I had this lot to hold my hand- it wouldnt have been as difficult as it was. I have Never been happier now I am free,,,, My advice sent them a THANK YOU card.....WELCOME!!!! to the place of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!!!

Grace ( or undeserved kindness)

• benext
    benext

If there's anything to learn from your experience, it's this... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AND TO WHOM YOU SAY IT. You would be very surprised at who is more than happy to stab you in the back all the while smiling in your face.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Email WELCOME to the board

• email
    email

Again... thanks for all those new replies, advice and support... they are REALLY appreciated!

Why didn't you just tell them that you are a pedophile? Then you would probably have been "promoted"!

Trust me... I thought about being sarcastic like that... and I DID thought about saying something similar.

So what do you plan to do about it? Are you going to appeal? Don't give them so much power over you! Do you have issues with family that will shun you if you remain DFd?

I may... just do that...

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AND TO WHOM YOU SAY IT. You would be very surprised at who is more than happy to stab you in the back all the while smiling in your face.

Soooooooo True... I just can't keep my mouth shot...

Have you read Crisis Of Conscience by Ray Franz or In Search of Christian Freedom. by the same author?

Believe me... I've been reading A LOT for the past 2 years... in fact, I remember when I was studying the bible... I studied with an old Missionary Elder that knows Ray Franz Personally... he was so outraged and shocked about the news when they DF'ed him... I remember him telling me "Imagine that... if the devil can get to one of the annointed ones... how much vulnerable are we!"... at the time I didn't know who Ray Franz was... but as a curious teenager It peeked my curiosity and I REALLY wanted to know what REALLY happened. Now, years later... I KNOW what REALLY happened.

Thanks again to ALL of you for your support!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome to our world. I hope you find what you need during your "transition" period. You should be able to find some really good friends and lots of soft shoulders, while here.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit