The 1995 Generation Change

by sloppyjoe2 69 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Sometimes I wonder if people even read these magazines..

As Crompton observed, current JW leaders don't understand the basic assumptions and precepts of their predecessors because they simply take the doctrines their predecessors came up with for granted. They're like children tinkering with a running engine.

Confusion over the appointment of the slave is one example. Another striking example is directly connected to the 1995 change in how a generation should be defined.

The rubric under which the Great Crowd doctrine was conceived and formulated was a chronological understanding of a generation. Therefore the clock started ticking the instant the great crowd was identified, which is something that older publications frankly acknowledged..

"Especially beginning in 1935, when the identity of the “great multitude,” or “great crowd,” was clearly understood, large numbers of these began to manifest themselves....God’s infallible Word depicts this group as ‘coming out of the great tribulation,’ being survivors of it, living right on into God’s New Order without ever having to die. (Revelation 7:9, 10, 14; John 11:26) The early members of this group are now in their 60’s or 70’s or older. Jehovah did not allow the ingathering of this group to begin too soon. The “great crowd,” including many of the earliest members thereof, will survive into the “new earth.”

The '95 generation change yanked the rug out from under the Great Crowd teaching itself.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Great observation TD. Touch down!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation.

Just another plausible thought ??? that maybe they are on a slow progressive initiative to remove 1914 and just say well we don't know for sure now, we'll just have to see and wait. ???

This is New Light , the brothers back then were under poor and weak understanding concerning the return and establishment of Jesus taking position of his heavenly throne.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    I wouldn't put it past this cult to change anything at anytime. The 1914 doctrine is a core teaching but it's getting them into too much trouble. I could see them changing the blood doctrine and making it a conscience matter. The last thing I would imagine they change or alter is their disfellowshipping policy.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Isreal Gonzales- "I could see them changing the blood doctrine and making it a conscience matter."

You might wanna rethink that after perusing this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/315890005/lorenz-reibling-gives-interview-about-real-estate

• Dagney
    Dagney

The generation change in 1995 was HUGE for me...it was the beginning of the end. I knew right then and there they were fo sho making everything up and that they were going to start a series of "adjustments" to explain the non-fulfillment of, well...everything they say.

My former friends and elders just shrugged their shoulders about it. Most are still in and making fun of the "overlapping" explanation. The jokes on them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was sitting at a DC, I think. We had a baby and were really tired. Even so, I was like, " WTF?? They just moved the goalpost!" Then I went back to thinking about how many months it had been since I has sex. Then they announced they needed money.

They are delusional. That's why they are called "Watchtards".

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The majority of brain dead dubs couldn't or wouldn't explain any doctrinal adjustments.

They have made the final metamorphosis into a social club - and a pretty pathetic excuse for one.

• steve2
    steve2

When the sheep you lead believe like automatons that "it's the truth" and are disinterested in scrutinizing changes, you can virtually "adjust" any doctrine and policy without fear of a backlash because most followers will not even comprehend the specifics of the"adjustment".

However, those rare sheep with active brain cells who are disturbed by the changes often make the fatal error of thinking that the other sheep ( no doctrinal pun intended ) will see reason and also be disturbed once they too realize the arbitrariness of the new understanding and also be disturbed.

Fat chance.

The religion that once trumpeted its emphasis on encouraging the rank and file to 'make sure of all things and hold fast to what is fine' has blatantly become the very form of worship it once condemned: Lovers of the teachings of men.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ steve2:

That was a perfect summation of JW's today. Totally spot on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit