The 1995 Generation Change

by sloppyjoe2 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The biggest problem the WTS faces right now is that the majority of doctrines created by the WTS which this organization was built up around, are becoming obviously false , even to the layman bible scholars.

In other words the WTS built itself up on an agreement to a set of lies and false teachings.

In reality the WTS choose god, god didn't choose them.

They essentially created a false commercialized version of the Gospel.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

of course from birth pioneered talks etc.

as a witness do you think you were an apostate 'If people would really pay close attention to what Jesus said about making a set time on God's own sacred time, they would realize that the Watchtower committed an act of Apostasy or acted as false prophets.'

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Our whole faith was based on this teaching. They got caught with their pants down when all the old timers were dying. It had NOTHING to do with holy spirit. They moved the finish line for so many, leaving so many discouraged and beaten down. I believe it has shaken many. Including us!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

as a witness do you think you were an apostate

Yes if I remained one, I didn't want to be involved with that.

I had more respect and love for God and his son to remain.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    thanks finkelstein
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I remember the change, but mentally I was asleep at the wheel when this happened. I had just moved into my own place, was working my first real job, so mentally I was too excited to really contemplate these things. I wish a lightbulb had gone off then for me.

5 years earlier I remember a pioneer who lived with my family (she converted in her teens) said, "What if the Society ever realizes the Generation is wrong?"

I said, "That will never happen!"

My father said, "It will still be the truth."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The point being is that the WTS held onto that Jesus had established his heavenly position (1914) and due to that mankind started to live in the last days or " this generation " of the last days.

A great alluring marketing ploy for a religious publishing house to make but not truthful or accurate from a theological bible interpretation.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I remember it like it was yesterday. My husband and I were pioneering. We were so excited about Jehovah's chariot moving forward with new light and we were witnessing it all. It was nothing short of thrilling! How close our deliverance truly was.

That same week that the Watchtower came, my oldest brother was visiting my parents in the next town over. He had been out of the JW scene ever since he witnessed first hand the Bethel unrest in the late 70's. He was never DF'ed and kept most of his (anti)JW thoughts to himself. My brother and I were driving down a residential street, he was behind the wheel and I casually mentioned the latest Watchtower with the generation change. He literally slammed on the brakes in the middle of the road and turned his whole body toward me and said ..."Do not joke with me, tell me the truth!! They made the change?" His voice was a couple octaves higher than normal. His reaction actually scared me. He contained himself and mumbled something to the effect of ..."Those horrid bastards"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@sloppyjoe2

It was also a big deal for me. Like you, I was a teenager in 1995 and had studied the red Live Forever book. That book made it seem as though the New System was imminent. It contained 'proof' such as the rise in earthquakes (WTF?!).

It also started me doubting the organisation. The timing of the change was dodgy, just as if they'd run out of time with the 1914 generation.

Of course, the new overlapping generation idea makes the 1995 generation idea change look sane in comparison.

• Ding
    Ding

Even though the old "within one generation of 1914" teaching was nonsense, at least it was easy to understand what was being claimed.

What do JWs tell studies about overlapping generations?

No one understands it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit