Lorenz Reibling gives interview about real estate

by OrphanCrow 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

This interview was posted April 16, 2015 on youtube. Lorenz Reibling's replies to the reporter in Argentina are in English.

Lorenz Reibling is intimately connected to the Watchtower Society and, according to some sources, is a JW himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3SSA-9YVII

So who is Lorenz Reibling?

There have been a few threads on this forum in the past that have discussed Reibling and his connections to the Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/148276/query-lorenz-reibling-ahi-angel-healthcare?page=1&size=20

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/121916/lorenz-reibling-knocking-wts?page=1&size=20

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/133334/knocking-forum?size=20&page=1

A 2007 conversation on YahooGroups had this to say about Lorenz Reibling:

Knocking - Funding, Doctrine, and Hypocrisy

A Common Bond's Response to the Documentary Knocking - part 2

Where the Money Came From

On May 22, 2007, a documentary program entitled Knocking was shown on
    some Public Broadcasting System (PBS) stations throughout the United
    States as a part of their "Independent Lens" series of programs. Because
    PBS does not accept commercial advertisements, programming on this
    network is paid for through grants from various corporate sources, public
    and private foundations, and individual funding. Programming on PBS
    always discloses the sources of funding for it's shows at the time of the
    program's airing, as well as on the PBS website. An examination of the
    PBS website lists the following as providing major funding for Knocking:
    Walter Zaremba
    Gunther Reibling
    New York Community Trust
    A further examination of the Knocking website shows the following list of
    supporters at the bottom of each page:
    Independent Television Service
    Corporation for Public Broadcasting
    Reibling Foundation
    Note the name "Reibling" on both sites as a major contributor for the
    production of this program. A quick search on the internet found a
    connection between Gunther Reibling, the Reibling Foundation, and the
    Watchtower Bible & Tract Society on the Boston College website. Further
    research reveals the establishment of the Laura and Lorenz Reibling
    Family Foundation of Boston, Massachusetts as a charitable organization
    some time after Knocking had been funded. According to the website of
    Taurus Investment Holdings, Lorenz Reibling is the brother of Gunther
    Reibling. Unconfirmed sources we consider trusted and reliable believe
    both Reibling brothers to be practicing Jehovah's Witnesses. Whether or
    not this is true, the Reibling family does associate with people who have
    close ties to the Watchtower. An online bio of Lorenz Reibling states the
    following:
    Lorenz Reibling, Chairman, Taurus Investment Holdings
    Lorenz is Chairman and a principal of Taurus Investment Holdings, LLC. As
    cofounder of Taurus, Lorenz has been responsible for the acquisition
    and/or development of over 100 commercial real estate projects throughout
    the United States since 1976. He regularly participates as co-investor in
    Taurus-sponsored real estate transactions.
    In 1966, Lorenz completed an apprenticeship as Industriekaufmann at
    Obpacher AG, a Weyerhauser-affiliated, Munich-based printing and
    publishing plant. Lorenz subsequently graduated from Munchen-Kolleg and
    attended Technische Universitat and Ludwigs-Maximilians Universitat,
    earning degrees in Cybernetics and Psychology. His early research on
    personality changes in heart transplant patients was conducted at
    University Hospital Munich Grosshadern. After immigration to America he
    received a MS from Boston College in Organizational Management with focus
    on maximizing intellectual capital. He has attended and completed
    specialized courses at MIT and Harvard on real estate related subjects.
    Mr. Reibling's early career included employment with multinational
    corporations such as Hoechst (Cassella Riedl), American Hospital Supply
    Corporation, and CPI Cardiac Pacemakers, Inc. specializing in
    sophisticated cardiac stimulation appliances.
    Mr. Reibling is a full member of the AHI Angel Healthcare Investor Group,
    The Massachusetts Historical Society, Friends of the Kunstakademie
    Munchen, and supporter of numerous philantropic organizations. He was
    appointed to the advisory board of MIT/CRE (Massachusetts Institute of
    Technology/Center for Real Estate).
    As a collector of 15th-16th century Bibles and Reformation literature,
    Mr. Reibling has initiated and co-sponsored significant research and
    exhibition projects, such as "The Art of the Book: A journey through a
    Thousand Years" and "Confront: Resistance against Nazi Terror." He is
    fluent in German, English, Spanish and Italian. His residency is in the
    United States with homes in Massachusetts and Florida. He is married for
    26 years with three adult children.
    It is startling to note that Lorenz Reibling conducted research on
    "personality transplants" at around the same time that the Watchtower was
    teaching that organ transplantation was a disfellowshippable offense due
    to it's being considered cannibalism and a risk for the patient taking on
    the personality of the donor. Some time later, the Watchtower lifted the
    restriction against organ transplants, but failed to invite back the
    disfellowshipped members who had "sinned" by having life-saving surgery,
    but "went ahead of Jehovah" by doing so before the ban was lifted.
    Another way to trace the Reiblings' association with the Watchtower is by
    doing an internet search on the other name that appears on the PBS
    website as a provider of major funding: Walter Zaremba.
    A search on the internet revealed the docket of a federal court case:
    BIELERT v. NORTHERN OHIO PROPERTIES [No. 87-4031, 1988 WL 125357, at *5
    (6th Cir. 1988)] was a 1988 federal lawsuit in which David Bielert
    alleged that he suffered employment discrimination, in violation of Title
    VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, because he was not a Jehovah's
    Witness. Northern Ohio Properties was a subsidiary of Zaremba
    Corporation, owned by Tim Zaremba, Walter Zaremba, and other members of
    the Zaremba family. The Zaremba family are Jehovah's Witnesses, and many
    of the investors and employees of the related corporations are believed
    to be Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Zaremba is linked to Reibling by a man named Aaron Gibitz who has worked
    for both Taurus (Reibling) and Zaremba:
    From March 2002 to the present, Mr. Gibitz has been a consultant to
    Taurus Investment Group,Inc., based in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Taurus
    invest in real estate and has other business interest including health
    and wellness consumer products and media/technology. From March 1997
    through March 2002, Mr. Gibitz was an executive with Zaremba Management,
    based in Independence, Ohio..

Taurus Investments Holdings has been involved in Watchtower real estate deals - they bought the Brooklyn Heights’ Standish Hotel from the Watchtower in 2007, converted it to luxury housing, and recently sold it for $10 million more than they had paid for it.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/06/24/westbrook-partners-paid-60m-for-standish-hotel-records-show/

Westbrook declined to comment, but public records show the company paid $60 million for the 12-story building overlooking the Brooklyn Heights Promenade with views of the city. The Watchtower Society of The Jehovah’s Witnesses sold the building at 169 Columbia Heights for $50 million in 2007 to the Boston-based Taurus Investment Holdings, which converted it into 94 luxury apartment rentals shortly thereafter.

Taurus Investments has been doing well in the past few years - it has grown substantially and is now know as Taurus Global Real Estate Investment, with offices in India, Canada, Germany, Greece, England, Turkey, Argentina, and the United States.

http://www.tiholdings.com/about

• millie210
    millie210

OrphanCrow you amaze me with what you are able to track down and piece together.

The ties to funding the "Knocking" video are interesting.

The info about organ transplantation and especially the continuing ties to medical technology are bone chilling.

This gives me the same feelings that the U.N. scandal did.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    His early research on personality changes in heart transplant patients
    It is startling to note that Lorenz Reibling conducted research on "personality transplants" at around the same time that the Watchtower was teaching that organ transplantation was a disfellowshippable offense due to it's being considered cannibalism and a risk for the patient taking on the personality of the donor.

I remember when the org taught that if had one had a blood transfusion or heart transplant, he could take on the personality of the donor. I wonder whether they got the idea from this guy, or at least whether he influenced them to teach this.

They later dropped that teaching when they realized how nutty it was. A few years ago, I mentioned it to an elder who didn't believe they taught that. My mother heard the conversation and backed me up. She went and got a bound volume and showed the elder the teaching in print. He sat down with his mouth literally wide open in shock.

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this post. I really wonder what goes on that we don't know about it. Seems like some shady stuff.

• prologos
    prologos
    AS THE CROW FLIES.- STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Millie: OrphanCrow you amaze me with what you are able to track down and piece together.
    The ties to funding the "Knocking" video are interesting.
    The info about organ transplantation and especially the continuing ties to medical technology are bone chilling.
    This gives me the same feelings that the U.N. scandal did.

Thanks for your feedback, Millie.

The funding for the Knocking film coincides with Taurus' purchase of WT property. Taurus purchased the Standish Hotel the same year Knocking was released.

On another website, this comment was made:

During the production of Knocking, the directors contacted the
    society and because it was a non JW wanting to make the film, there
    was a conflict of interest. one of the higher ups in the org contacted
    lorenz because he's got cash, and so he and his family set up a trust
    (reibling family trust or something like it) to give the directors
    cash.
    =
    the brother that approached lorenz is gene smalley, who is an alcoholic and a higher up in bethel.

So Taurus Investments purchases property from the WTS, and the WTS receives the favor of funding for the movie they want released. And that is basically one of the ways that business is done at WT headquarters. Back scratching. And the only money that shows up on the WTS books is the money from the land transfer,

Yes...about the organ transplants - it is rather interesting that Lorenz Reibling's foundation career wasn't real estate at all - it was connected to the medical industry. As far as his research into heart transplants and personality - I think it was done in collaboration with the medical people that the WTS did business with in Germany. And no....you won't find that 'on the books' - the WTS connection to the medical industry resembles what happened with the funding for knocking - nothing will show on the WTS books but LOTs of deals made behind closed doors.

Here is a little tidbit from Reibling's past employment that might have significance "in the whole big picture". Lorenz Reibling, before he became a real estate guru, worked at American Hospital Supply Corporation.

Brian Concannon, president of Haemonetics, also worked at American Hospital Supply Corporation.

Haemonetics is the global leader in blood management solutions. The backbone and foundation upon which Haemonetics has built their success is their cell saver - the machine that is used on JWs who refuse blood.

Magnum: .Thanks for this post. I really wonder what goes on that we don't know about it. Seems like some shady stuff.

Magnum, I think a person could dig around inside the Tower and their books forever and never find anything too much amiss - the Tower itself tries to keep itself squeaky clean. Where the real business is done is outside of the records and books. Favours and green handshakes have everything to do with the the Society's purpose - the WT looks like a religion - yet it exists to propagate propaganda for financial interests behind the scenes.

prologos: AS THE CROW FLIES.- STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE.

The crow sees a lot, too, as it flies... ;)

Yesterday, this little crow went and explored Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, the place that the only Canadian office is listed on the Taurus Global site. I figured I may as well fly over that town on my way home from NY. And I discovered Guenther and Sue Reibling nesting there and doing very well for themselves. Very well.

Sue Reibling, in addition to running several business related to hospitality, owns Stellar Investments, Inc. Their son has inherited his daddy and mommy's golden touch and the community benefits from the Reibling donations to the music academy. http://www.homestylemag.ca/pdf/Featured_Mar2015_Cilantro.pdf

Guenther's wife, Sue, was raised Presbyterian. I have not shook any JWs out of her family tree yet. This is from Sue's father's obit. Anyone recognize JW families in this list?

Tom is survived by his daughter Susan Jane Reibling (Guenther), Corkums Island; son, John David Covey (Madeline) of St. Bruno, Quebec; grandchildren, Christopher Reibling (Suzanne), Jacksonville, Florida; Timothy Reibling, West Palm Beach, Florida; Matthew Reibling, Atlanta, Georgia; Jonathan and Margaret Covey both of Montreal; 2 great-grandchildren, Hans Phillipe and Thomas Wyatt, and several nieces and nephews.
    He was predeceased by his wife Ethelyn Jane in March 2002; sister, Marjorie Lang, brothers, Carlton Covey, Emmett Covey, Ira Covey, and Donald Covey.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Millie, you expressed interest in the ties that Reibling had/has to the medical field and I had mentioned that the president of Haemonetics and Reibling had once worked for the same company that distributed medical devices and medical supplies - the American Hospital Supply Corporation.

If a person follows up on that Haemonetics information, and starts to shake the tree a bit, the JWs that come tumbling out are noteworthy.

Several months ago, I made a post about Edward Blakeney, a JW who is intimately involved in blood management. On his linkedin profile, we learn this:

Hospital Consultant
    Infonalé, IncJanuary 2001 – June 2009 (8 years 6 months)Created a database company specializing in improving patient outcomes and lowering blood utilization cost. Company was acquired by Haemonetics in 2007. Traveled extensively in US to meet with hospital administrators regarding better blood utilization.

Haemonetics has many connections to JWs who work in the field of blood management. The entire field of blood management was created by JWs with strong connections to the Watchtower Society. I have intentions to make another thread at some time, that focuses on those connections and how the WT blood transfusion ban is kept in place to ensure the advancement and profits of the bloodless industry.

By the way, I doubt the blood transfusion ban will be going away anytime soon - after a history of increases in stock value, the company is in a bit of a slump and is experiencing a little hiccup in stock value right now. If the JW blood ban was lifted completely, Haemonetics' stock would surely dip even more. Brian Concannon just sold off a chunk of his stock - maybe he needed the cash to keep his hands green.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    wow - I remember witnesses saying we need to encourage hospitals to get a cell saver.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Is it possible that the JW interest in blood management is a byproduct of their blood ban and not the other way around? It sounds much less sinister if they're investing and funding research to help their members versus creating religious dogma for profit.

Is it possible to find the timelines to see which came first, investments or blood ban?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    thelistener, it probably is. But now the issue of how much their need to protect their investment will influence keeping the ban re blood transfusions in place.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Listener: Is it possible that the JW interest in blood management is a byproduct of their blood ban and not the other way around? It sounds much less sinister if they're investing and funding research to help their members versus creating religious dogma for profit.
    Is it possible to find the timelines to see which came first, investments or blood ban?

Lol! The chicken and the egg question, huh?

I will try to answer that for you - the material I am dealing with is extensive and bulky. After years of crawling around in the blood soaked information that I have been able to access, my opinion is that the JW blood ban was created specifically for the advancement of bloodless technology. Sinister? Yes...it is evil to the core. So evil, in fact, that the idea is repugnant and rejected by most who consider it. In fact, I will never forget the way that I reacted the first time the puzzle pieces stated to fall into place - my blood literally ran cold. I will never forget that horrible feeling of cold blood running through my veins. Never.

I have done the timeline work - I have been researching this subject heavily for the past 4 or 5 years - and I think that bloodless surgery did not arise from the JWs' demand for treatment, that demand only paved the way for existing interests to expand into what the blood management field is today. The blood ban was the vehicle that propelled the bloodless field of medicine - the JWs were the guinea pigs for the research required to develop technology that has been described as "The Golden Standard of Care" - a standard that blood management societies want to implement globally.

Blood management societies that owe their existence to the JWs who founded the very first blood management society of its kind - the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit