bad news

by larc 84 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Sorry to hear this, sending you an e-mail.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh Larc, I am so sorry.

Be assured that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Dutchie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So sorry to hear of your sad news . Please pass on my very best wishes and I really hope that your wife makes a full recovery.

Take of yourself too during a difficult time

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Carl,

I'm sorry to hear the news and wish Zazu a speedy and complete recovery. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Carl,

What a trying time this must be for you, your wife, and family. I hope that your wife regains her former self, by recovering from this problem. My now-deceased mothers original stroke left her with slurred speech for a while, until the blood thinner she was being given had its effect. In my mothers case, the artery (on the left side of the neck) that feeds blood to the brain was quite obstructed. The chance that she could die from an attempt to clean the artery out back then was about 30%, if memory serves me right. (This happened back in the year 1967, so my memory has faded.) Anyway, we all discussed it and reached the conclusion that chances ought not be taken with her life. She lived on 7 years after that and then had another stroke that led to her death, having been in the hospital for 13 days before her life expired.

The good news is that since the year "1967" the process of clearing obstructions from this artery has become much less risky. Indeed, prior to my having retired as a mail carrier I had met and talked to more than one of my mail patrons that had submitted to this improved technique. They said that if they had it to do all over again that they were so well pleased that they would have no hesitation whatsoever.

Of course people have strokes for reasons other than what Ive just described. At any rate, may your wife and you get through this experience with a measure of sanity left.

Best wishes,

Friday

• larc
    larc

Thank you so much for your public exprssion of concern and the private e-mails. In my haste to answer the e-amils with address and phone number, I left out a rather important fact, my wife's name. Her name is Jan Thornton.

• Jesika
    Jesika

You have mail and I sent her an online card too. I wish you and Jan all the best!!!! (((((((((((larc and Jan))))))))))

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

How sad, Larc. My thoughts and best wishes to you both.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

((((((((((((Larc and Zazu))))))))))))

so very sorry to hear this.

plum

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Larc,

This is very difficult for both of you. I wish you well, the best of recovery for your wife and both of you future peace of mind.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit