bad news

by larc 84 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Waiting,

When she is awake, yes, she is up to phone calls. Even if she is sleepy, I know that she will appreciate a call, even if she only talks a minute or two.

Jan has given so much to friends and family over her lifetime, and has never been the center of attention. I do believe that attention right now will do her a world of good to help her heal.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

(((((larc)))))

I am so sorry to hear of this news.

Last week this identical thing happened to a co-worker of mine, aged 59. Her husband was getting ready for work, and noticed that she was still in bed. When he tried to wake her, she was unable to move and her speech was slurred.

She is being moved to a therapy facility near Wash., DC. They say she is doing better, but none of us believe she will ever be able to return to work.

Some stroke victims are able to do quite well in rehabilitation and resume near normal activities. Every individual is different. Hopefully, your dear wife will be one of the lucky ones.

Keep us posted on her condition, and let us know how you are doing. You will be in my thoughts and pleadings.

Love and LIght,

Sentinel/Karen

• Seven
    Seven

Larc,

Give {{{Zazu}}} my love and hope she rehabs quickly. You both will be in my thoughts.

Love,

Seven

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Carl: I am very sorry to hear about this ... tell Zazu I said hello and that she is in my prayers. Keep us posted as you can about her progress. Thanks. - Jim W.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Larc,

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Zazu will need your emotional support getting through this rough period.

Let me know if you need some information on Speech (inteligibility)Therapy Journals or tips (free). By your e-mail I can tell that her receptive and expressive Language is okay.

I work with patients who have speech or language (or both) pathologies. Her speech should also be evaluated by a Certified Speech Language Pathologist. (my field)

Capp

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Dear ZAZU and LARC:

I'm sure your going to be fine in no time at all.

My love and prayers are for you, have faith in your doctors

there is so many excellent ones out there now.

They will have you on the mend in no time at all.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Searchin [email protected]

• Angharad
    Angharad

Larc I'm so sorry just seen this thread - please tell Zazu that I'm thinking of her

Take care will email you

Edited by - angharad on 19 September 2002 17:16:27

Edited by - angharad on 19 September 2002 17:17:48

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Sorry to hear about this. hoping she makes a speedy recovery.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs to you Larc and ZaZu))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wishing her a speedy recorvery.

Love, Orangefatcat

• jgnat
    jgnat

I pass on my best prayers to you both. Speedy recovery, Zazu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit