Ozzie's Weekend Poll #17

by ozziepost 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

How about.........

"Happifying"

????

Which brother in the writing department thought that one up?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Theocratic! This seemed to be used like a club to get conformity

MOTHER. Just started again in the last few years in the U.S. refering to the org.

Prisca,

I hated the "happifying" too. I'm not sure if he started it but Fred Franz was always using that term.

Jst2laws

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hello Ozzie

The word DEMONZ used to give me the heebie jeebies

Beck

• outnfree
    outnfree

13. no doubt and/or likely

as in no doubt Jehovah himself inspired Fred Franz to begin using happifying as a way to describe the feeling he got when he implied in Watchtower publications that likely the Church Fathers did not teach the Trinity.

out

• Been there
    Been there

13. Armageddon

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

eldership I never saw it in print, but the "friends" lilked using it. Sounds like snobby, snooty, stuffy royality

appreciate it seems that every jw used that word to respond to a householder with psuedo concern for them

ps edited because I belong to the "still cannot spell class"

Edited by - joy2bfree on 25 August 2002 8:55:18

• abbagail
    abbagail

As usual, LOL people! These are so funny. Loved the Behooves a Hoover, and HAPPIFYING, Yes! I remember that ODD-sounding word too! (Had completely forgotten it until I saw it here. That's what is so much fun about this forum - What great memories you guys 'n gals have!)

From Ozzie's list I would have to say Organization rubbed me the wrong way. Another one that really bothered me, but is not an Org-term but a scripture was this: "EXERT yourselves VIGOROUSLY..." Even though I was busting my buns, I always felt resentment and/or worthless when I would hear that.

Thanks Oz!

Grits

• cellomould
    cellomould

'Bible Studies' instead of 'Bible Students'...that one really irked me...just like 'Ones' rather than 'people' How can you justify calling a person a 'Bible Study'???

Sister Pioneer JW to Brother Elder JW: "I'd like you to meet Janine. Or, as I affectionately refer to her, my little tick. She is the newest mark on my field service record. Jehovah is so proud of me. Oh, I mean, you, my little tick."

cellmould

• Xena
    Xena

well the term "brother" used to come in handy....never could remember anyones name...it was nice to have a generic one to hang on everyone

great crowd

sheep (why would anyone consider being called SHEEP a compliment?????)

Can you tell I had "issues" with my classification????

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

ONES for sure

"the paragragph brings out that..." (SCREAAAAMMMM!)

PREPARADASAIC - uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh

TYPE AND ANTITYPICAL (so-AND-SO) class

The GREATER (so and so ) Class.

Who the hell TALKS like this??? anwer...cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit