Ozzie's Weekend Poll #17

by ozziepost 67 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

HoChiMinh, believe it or not, the JW writers are trying to substitute the word "non-witness" because the "worldly" were offended by being described that way. The "worldly" viewed it as a judgmental perjorative. At the assemblies and conventions, the speakers and people giving demonstrations are carefully coached to avoid that word---worldly. Recent WTs and KMs will more likely use "non-witness."

Of course, word "worldly" keeps spewing out of the mouths of the rank and file because they have read for so long and heard it from the platform for so long.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I hated "Happily" and "fortunate" instead of lucky,

Sheep what a bad example to call someone. sheep suck! they're all dirty and matted, smell like night soil a.k.a schnip.

Dismembered

Edited by - Dismembered on 25 August 2002 13:43:9

• Xena
    Xena

Hey puffs guess now we would be considered......

GOATS

could someone please help me with my goat sounds????

• Seven
    Seven

stumble ^%$#

gathering borrrrring

talk Zzzzz

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

'Worldly' is definitely up there as is 'organization'.

'Field service'

'Pioneer' (where DID they get that term? It has zip to do with the actual meaning of the word.

(and all the adj. given to Pioneers)

Mimilly

• blondie
    blondie

Mimilly, actually "pioneer" is an update of the old term "colporteur" which sounded like a famous contemporary composer.

COs used to be called "pilgrims." Does that mean they celebrated Thanksgiving?

I forgot about goats. When I was younger I thought they were talking about "ghosts."

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

When my exj.w husband was beating the shit out of me, the saying from the elders always brought me such comfort ...............for years

Wait on Jehovah

Win him over without a word

Do not be provoking him

Awwwww I miss the comforting words to this day!

Edited by - Tinkerbell4125 on 25 August 2002 14:56:14

Edited by - Tinkerbell4125 on 25 August 2002 14:57:15

• mommy1
    mommy1

stumble

• mommy1
    mommy1

i don't know what happened to my posts earlier sorry. The word stumble always used to bother me. It was used when they couldn't come up with a good explanation for doing something. Like don't do this or that cause it my stumble someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit