Princess

The Truth

and

Similarly

Good poll Ozzie!

Rachel

• Nikita
    Nikita

wicked, as in everyone else in the whole world who is not a JW is such.

Edited by - Nikita on 25 August 2002 19:41:39

• larc
    larc

The one that bothered me most was the term, the organization. It sounds like a Mafia term to me. Well, I guess there are some similarities between the Mafia and the "Society'.

• patio34
    patio34

All of the WTS words and phrases are so overused as to be hackneyed. Can't they ever come up with new schtick? My personal words that made and make me cringe are:

The tasty appetizers for the spiritual banquet Jehovah has prepared for us (excuse me while I go throw up . . .)

Aren't we all encouraged ?

I never use the word encouraged now.

Oh and how about Bible principles? Ugh!

Don't forget bad association! Who can ever repress that?

They talk as if they're from another planet! Oh, I forgot: it's the pure language of Bible Truth.

I can't take any more!!

Pat

Edited to add: typical and antitypical representation . . . No comment necessary on that #^^!!!!

Oh and another thing Waiting has pointed out: when a talk was convoluted and stupid, some of the friends would come out and say "Wasn't that deep??" What BS!

I think they're incapable of talking normally. But of course that's how mind-control works and limited vocabularies stultify thinking.

Ozzie, you really opened a can of worms with this

Edited by - Patio34 on 25 August 2002 17:2:33

Edited by - Patio34 on 25 August 2002 17:6:46

Edited by - Patio34 on 25 August 2002 17:7:44

• hippikon
    hippikon

The one word that phrase pisses me off is

Spritual Paradise

Should read: Spiritual Pigsty

• Wren
    Wren

# 1, ditto ignored one's post.

#13, I'm at the point I just recently started disliking the word Jehovah. It jumps out in a sentence as a handpicked code word for Watchtower, when used by WTS or anything about JW's. It is brilliant as special language to meld a belief in an almighty god and his word together with a publishing organization with the expected results. Of course, if it's used secularly, I realize it refers to the God of the Bible's name.

Edited to add: I laugh now at Cedar Point, Ohio or anything with the secondary Watchtower fulfillment. At my most zealous(oh there's another one)studying the more outlandish fulfillments such as Cedar Point, OH, I thought, but not admitting to sarcasm "Well, somebody was really inspired writing that day".

Edited by - wren on 25 August 2002 18:47:32

• Larry
    Larry

I hate the word "JEHOVAH" - It's so hard for me to say that word. In fact, I never liked it while I was a DUB. Anytime I'm talking to someone about the BORG I call it The CULT and the people in the BORG, I call cult members.

Peace and Security - LL

Edited by - Larry on 25 August 2002 22:30:13

• minimus
    minimus

rightly,clearly,thinking persons,let us,may we never..,happily,sadly,as it were

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit