mikepence threatened to sue me / contributions

by Simon 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Erie

An intentionally fraudulant person would not have bothered to defend himself as Mike has._________

Au contraire, mon frere. A fraudster uses a big fuss and threats to intimidate, so he can make his get away. Fraudsters are very perceptive of human nature. I'm speaking generally here. I'm not necesarily saying that mike is one. Those closer to him should figure this out for themselves.

SS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t know about Mikes motives,but I do know about Erieguy.He dosen`t like this board much,and flames at every opportunity..>>>Hey MR.Biggs,some people are just abit upset about the way Mike handled things,you stuck up for him and got caught up in the crossfire.Don`t let it get you down...OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

notyetperfect, I know you have been stung before, and it hurts when it happens again. Please be careful, but please don't become totally cynical. As Jesus said, "be as gentle as a lamb, but wise as a serpent.", or something like that.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Mr. Biggs

I have been wrong..to many times than I care to recall......

If I am again, I apoligize.

Surround sound maybe?

• seven006
    seven006

Detective,

For not being an exJW you have continually brought to this board clear and level headed observations time and time again. I for one appreciate your comments and have learned the hard way to pay more attention to them. You are definitely an asset to this board.

ErieGuy,

One of the more repetitious mistakes people who are new to this board (you 56 posts) make is rushing to judgment when not all the facts are known. I did it when I was new here and so did a lot of the old time posters. Depending on whether a person has an open mind and is willing to try and see all the sides of an issue or admit that they may not know all the sides helps them as well as the rest of us come to a better understanding of what a persons true agenda is.

Getting your panties in a bunch and calling us all sharks and jackals without knowledge of all the sides of an issue certainly puts you in a suspect position. If you care about this board, exJW issues as well as Mike and his problems it might behoove you to settle down, chill out and stick around to see what happens. We have had scams, hoaxes, as well as several posting under various names happen on this board more than once.

I have done a little checking and your posting style is reminiscent of the deactivated poster "Mad Apostate." He would post numerous news articles that seemed to be exposing the corruption of the JW but then jump on our asses for not seeing things compliantly his way.

You have done the same thing. Clicking on your posts and thread links shows a back and forth style of exposing then defending. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34414&site=3
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32179&site=3

Where did you come from? Why do you start threads about JW issues that are in the media and then when you go back to those threads half of your comments have been edited and left with a simple ( . ) where comments once were?

I'm not accusing you of anything, I am just curious why you seem to be on both sides of the fence at the same time. What is your specific agenda here?

Dave

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I had a bad gut feeling about the solicitation from the beginning and did not contribute. The initial requests had too much of a hip hip hurrah only ??% left to go attitude.

But something else puzzled me and I could not come up with it. Last night I woke up with this thought. His children are 10 & 12 yrs.old I believe. He stated in one of his posts that they were extremely angry when they heard that the march would discourage an angry loud protest situation. This was quoted by him to bolster his angry decision.

I find it hard to visualize 10 & 12 yr. olds reacting in this manner to the situation described. that is where my puzzled feelings came from. I don't believe this. I think that was a made up statement.

Outoftheorg

• Satanus
    Satanus

Notperfect

I'm not against helping others......BUT. A mistake that goodhearted people often make, is to feel guilty if they don't help someone in trouble. They feel like they have some responsibility to help. But they don't, really. Each one is responsible for his own life. Most people bring on their bad situations themselves. It's their own fault, in a way. We don't have a responsibility to rescue them. The wt, using the bible has preached this type of idea (from ezekial, i believe). They misapply it. They are actually creating a condition called codependence in their followers. It's what i just described above. Why not do a search on it, if you aren't familiar w it?

SS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

My "take" on Mike Pence, even previous to this, is that he is either a drama queen, or is suffering (and making everyone else suffer along with him) from some sort of emotional or chemical brain imbalance. Perhaps bipolar? This is not the first time he has done a 180 degree switch in midstream. Something is going on with the dude. I am in no way defending his actions btw, especially if he is just one more (and they are legion in this medium) emotional nitwit who uses their heart for a brain. Those people are abusers of a sort.

As to his "automatically" refunding peoples money... while it's true he seemed to think he might just ignore the issue at first, I am suspect as to whether or not he even could refund moneys, especially at this time. My statement from Amazon noted that the recipient was not given my information.

I want my.... one....BILLION dollars back, you bastard!

NPY, just send me your money, and I'll spend it wisely, and promise to be very happy with it and appreciative.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

1) I am Mike Pence's brother in law.

2) Mike is an honest person.

3) Mike's child (my nephew) was severely sexually assaulted by the PO at my congregation.

4) Mike and family will be flying to Philly to bring formal charges against this elder, and will more than likely still be attending the Silent Lambs march. (Mike resolved his issues in a conversation with Sheila Bowen last night)

5) Mike ( a computer programmer) has done work for Bill Bowen's Silentlambs website for free (maybe Bill could verify that this is an accurate statement).

6) Most of Mike's funds were not contributed by posters to this forum.

Please go to the contribution link and request your refund if you feel that your funds are being misappropriated in any way.

Thanks for listening, hope this helps.

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

OUTLAW- Thanks for the words, man.

notperfectyet- Thank you. You have my respect. (By the way, it's a stero TV but not surround-sound).

I just spoke to Mike. Badwillie and I had a conference call with him. He said that he is going to go to the march. He admitted that he probably overreacted. He still is adamant that his priority was/is to file charges against my Presiding Overseer (we attended the same congregation when he DA'd himself and then moved to Arizona).

My (hopefully) final defense for Mike is this: He is a good guy and he's not the evil fraud that you think he is. He really, truly, is not. Personally, Mike's personality took many years for me to adjust to. I used to think bad things about Mike. I used to think he was arrogant, cocky, and Mr.-Better-Than-Everyone. Then, he and his family moved into the same apartment building as my wife and I. One time, I had suddenly lost my job. My wife and I ran out of money and Mike and denise would stuff envelopes of money under our door even though we insisted that we'd somehow make it. He never asked for any of the money back. This forced me to really get to know Mike as a person and not for what I saw on the outside. Mike, in my opinion, is just different.

With all sincerity, I will conclude by saying this: Mike was not and is not a hustler (scam artist). Regarding the UN Press release that someone accused him of ripping people off, he never used those funds. And those that donated received their money back. There was a valid reason why the release of the article didn't occur, but because it involves a prominent person of this Forum, I cannot tell you the reason why. Please get to know him when (if) you see him at the march. Hopefully, your opinions will change and your anger towards him will subside. Finally, if you have any unanswered questions about Mike or his character, please talk to him personally at the march. He won't spray you with any tear gas, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit