mikepence threatened to sue me / contributions

by Simon 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

As you may or may not be aware the poster 'mikepence' has asked people to donate to enable him (and his family?) to travel to the silentlambs march and to file charges against their alleged abuser.

Because he seemed to suddenly become very opposed to the idea of attending the march, I and some others asked him what I thought were simple and reasonable questions. See: We shall NOT watch how we walk

To me at least he did not seem willing to offer any explanation other than trying to ignore or avoid answering he questions and instead started to threaten me with legal action. He did this in a post, repeatedly asked if I was accusing him of fraud (in chat) and then sent me an email threatening legal action if I did not remove all of his posts from the forum. The questions that were being asked were why he suddenly objected to what Bill was proposing with the march (which meant he didn't want to come), what had happened to the previous donations he had requested for a press release etc.

I do not believe that the questions were unfair given the circumstances (using the silentlambs issue to request donations) or that he has any case whatsoever or that I have any legal obligation to remove his posts (please refer to the terms at the bottom of each page) but I decided to go along with his request as I have other, more important things, to work on relating to the WTS right now.

However removing his posts means that most of the evidence of the questions asked and answers given are now unavailable. I think it only fair in the circumstances that I explained the situation and provide the link to the Amazon site where donations could be made and also refunds to any donations already given can be requested if desired.

http://www.amazon.com/paypage/P2RANMTQODEI4E

This is the 2nd different time that this poster has requested money from members of this forum as well as offering merchandise for sale. In future, no requests for money will be allowed to be made other than for officially endorsed projects such as silentlambs and then when money will be going directly.

Edited by - Simon on 21 August 2002 8:54:46

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Hi, Simon.

Is this the link for refunds for the silentlambs march or is it for the other project(s) Mike was working on? Please clarify. Thanks!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I need gas money for my service car this weekend.

It is unfortuante that this forum will no longer support my service in Spreading the

good news of the kingdom : (

• Simon
    Simon

This is not a link for supporting the silentlambs march.

The details on the Amazon page have been changed. It now says:

We are collecting funds to fly to the Northeast and press charges against the Jehovah's Witness minister whom we allege sexually abused our children. We are doing this primarily to protect other children, and to give our children, who suffered horrific sexual abuse, a chance for some closure. Thanks for your support.

Yesterday I believe that this said the donations were to enable them to go to the silentlambs march and then to go and press charges.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

never trust anyone named mike

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Thanks for the info, Simon.

Musto- You're a silly guy. Please never go back to your nytelecom1 persona.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

This what he had his daughter say:Notice the second paragraph

The sexaul abuse Ryan and I went through was horrible. The man who sexauly abused me and my brother Ryan were pretty close to us. He was all most the head of the congergation, it is heart breaking to know that he might still be sexauly abusing more babies, kids, teenagers -- evry age you could could think about.

We are trying to get money togeather so we can fly up to press charges against him and to take a train to New York City to go to the march for me and other kids who went what I went through. Please... donate a little of money so my family can do this for me, my brother Ryan and many other children.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Pence has a history of using the forum to try and raise funds for any number of "just causes".

This site attracts a variety of people from sincere friendly to ultra nuts.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've deleted my post having thought about it.

Edited by - Englishman on 21 August 2002 9:42:45

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Simon, Mike and Sheila Bowen where in the chat room last night.Sounded like they came to an agreement and that he is going to the march.I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit