Did man go to the moon?

by sleepy 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

It's interesting to read these posts and read the various comments. For those who were alive and remember the Moon landing, it seems this posting is laughable. For those who have no memories of this time, and this is just a piece of history, it's almost understandable...questioning if something happened or not. This is nothing new, this is very human. People now even question whether or not the holocaust was real. ( It was before my time, but somehow I don't think they faked it.)

80 years from now I wonder if there will be a web board in cyberspace where people are questioning whether or not terrorists brought down the World Trade Center, or if that was something that was digitally created.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dam rights man went to the moon.Do you know what they found? BEER!! And lots of it!! Already in bottles,18 to a pak..Guess what kind?.. MOLSON CANADIAN ..Now you know.Molson Canadian is not brewed in Canada,it`s mined on the moon.The more they dig,the more 18pacs they find.They think there may be more Molson on other planets.Thats why the big push to explore space and other gallaxies...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Now, Outlaw, THERE's a believable theory!!

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I knew I`d find a believer out there! Do I hear a Hal-a-lue-ya?!!! ..LOL...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 13 August 2002 22:14:41

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    And for whoever asked about crop circles, a group of guys in England came forward and admitted they created the crop circles. When the true believers questioned them, saying the designs were too impossible to have been made the way the men claimed (using a little advanced math, graphing, along with simple tools like planks and ropes), the gentlemen proceeded to create a marvelously complex crop circle design in a few hours one night, all while being filmed.
    The two main researchers on crop circles have completely switched their ideas and now agree that they are man made. Of course, that brought death threats from the true believers!

Seeker, I have read some of this before... Would you mind posting a link? I thought I had heard that some crop circles had been studied, and actually couldn't have been made that way, but my research is old and, to be honest, this is just a tangent interest of mine; I've got no emotional investment in it one way or another. I know that there have actually been "crop circle competitions" here and there, to see who could make the most convincing ones, but have never seen proof that all crop circles were manmade.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    but have never seen proof that all crop circles were manmade.

And you never will. Some people who created crop circles are going to keep quiet about it, and there's unlikely to be a major police investigation trying to find who made each and every one of them. That's where Occam's Razor comes in. All the crop circles we know about for sure are manmade. Those we don't know about for sure don't differ in any significant way from the manmade ones. It would be absurd to postulate any alien or spiritual involvement. It's not a very good way of communicating if it can be so easily confused with a human prank.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good point, FunkyD.

This discussion reminds me of two meetings that I had with a few elders and the CO once they realized I wasn't attending meetings and was not likely to come back (they were about 5 years too late in calling on me).

But I digress. My point is that I explained to them all of the evidence I'd gathered that made it clear humans had been around a lot longer than 6,000 years, that there could not have been a flood as described in the Bible, that animals have been eating each other forever and not just for the past 4,000 years, etc. etc. One elder, who has a degree in engineering, said that that was why he didn't read science anymore, because he was afraid it would destroy his faith.

Most of the other elders said that they "could think of explanations" that would satisfy them about these things. I explained to them that simply coming up with a "possible explanation" is no good if that explanation has no evidence supporting it. Without evidence its mainly just nonsense. And of course the comeback is that the "evidence" just hasn't been "found" yet, when in reality it is simply that no such evidence exists. Metatron in another thread wrote "When logic is abandoned, anything is possible." SO true.

Which brings me to another thought. We live in a culture which does not like any kind of hierarchical thinking, ie: that this is better than that. But in truth, while we all have the right to think what we want, it by no means follows that therefore everything that everyone thinks is of equal value. There is simply just a lot of junk thought and junk ideas out there. Some ideas are just better than other ideas.

S4

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Totally amazing. People take a "Maybe we did, maybe we didn't" stance when it comes to something like landing on the moon. Something where there are boatloads of proof people doubt if it really happened or not because they think it was faked. Yet when it comes to something like if a simple screen shot could be altered people will scream bloody murder when you even suggest it could be done at all. Something three decades later, that's much simpler, with much more advanced technology.

Sometimes people really amaze me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit