NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silentlambs 93 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

It may have been a way of hinting at "in-bred" without saying it. Note the use of "incest" in the same sentence. :)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Comf,

It does seem to be related to inbred in the sense that no outside influence is permitted in. All the thinking and dogma is stagnant. There's no new blood coming in and even if there is, it's stifled. The growth keeps turning in on itself with no outside influence. Very interesting and colorful term, imo.

Pat

• minimus
    minimus

congrats Bill, I hope you are encouraged by your hard work....keep the media informed.

• abbagail
    abbagail

CONGRATULATIONS! to SILENT LAMBS.ORG, to SILENT LAMBS INDIVIDUALLY, to HEIDI MEYER & AMBER LONG!, to BILL BOWEN & FAMILY, to BARBARA & JOE ANDERSON, to ALL THE OTHER ADVOCATES FOR SILENT LAMBS! and to ALL THE OTHER LAMBS INVOLVED IN LAWSUITS (past/present/future) against their perpetrators/the WTS/their former congs & elders. --- THE NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE WAS ASTOUNDING! JEHOVAH KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GREAT USE OF "Satan's [so-called] Tool" [THE MEDIA] FOR HIS OWN DIVINE PURPOSES! APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! PRAISE JAH IN THE HEIGHTS ABOVE! GOD BLESS THE LAMBS and THE NEW YORK TIMES!!! --- Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

For everyone who wants to write a THANK YOU to The NY Times: The reporter, Ms. Laurie Goodstein, does not have a direct email address (it's their prerogative if they do or not, per the website, and I already looked). So here is a LIST of other email addresses you can use one or ALL of them. Get those pecking fingers ready!

Since the article was published ON THE WEB, write to: < [email protected]>
    and/or Bernard Gwertzman, Editor/The New York Times on the Web at: < [email protected]>
    and/or Meredith Artley, Associate Editor/The New York Times on the Web at: < [email protected]>.

Since the article was published in HARD COPY ALSO, you can write to: Letters to the Editor at: < [email protected]>
    and/or the National News Dept. at: < [email protected]> (since the article appeared in the NATIONAL Section).
    You can also write to the NY Times Managing Editor here: < [email protected]>
    and/or the NY Times Executive Editor here: < [email protected]>

For comments about News Coverage Only, write to: < [email protected]>

Last but not least, you can write to: Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Chairman & Publisher of The NY Times @ < [email protected]>
    And/or write to Janet L. Robinson, President & General Manager of The NY Times @ < [email protected]>.

Edited by - Grits on 12 August 2002 0:41:48

• abbagail
    abbagail

IF YOU MISSED GETTING A HARD COPY OF TODAY'S NEW YORK TIMES, and want one to keep, here's their info re: how to obtain back issues:

BACK COPIES/FRONT PAGE REPRODUCTIONS/ REPRINTS/ PHOTOGRAPHS: For BACK COPIES, call 1-800-543-5380. For frameable reproductions of any page from The Times, 1851 to the present, call 1-866-219-1793 or visit http://nytimesagency.com. For reprints of Times articles, call 1-800-767-3263. For copies of photographs that appear in The Times, call (212) 556-1243.

And FOR NEXT TIME, for those who had trouble finding a copy of this or any newspaper: Check your yellow pages in your phone book under NEWSPAPERS/NEWSSTANDS and look for official newsstands or newspaper outlets that carry papers from all over the country/world. Even in my rinky-dink town there is such a place (in addition to the Barnes & Noble, etc.)

• abbagail
  • abbagail
    abbagail

I was SO GLAD to see a specific number (5,000) in The Times article, because those idiot JW-Defenders who keep posting at the SilentLambs Guestbook keep saying it is "ONLY A FEW." Now they will get a dose of The Reality of it all.

"The church says the number [23,000] is 'considerably lower,' but will not say what it is."

WELL, WHY NOT? IF IT IS SO MUCH LOWER, WHY NOT SHARE THAT PIECE OF "GOOD NEWS"? Would we not be HAPPY to hear the "considerably lower" number?

PEEK INTO THE MIND OF A PEDOPHILE and INTO THE MINDS OF HIS LUKEWARM "OSTRICH-LIKE" SUPPORTERS:

"The man she was accusing INSISTED that Ms. Meyer had MISINTERPRETED WHAT HAPPENED. The elders AGREED."

"LET THE ONE WHO HAS AN EAR HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAYS TO THE CONGREGATIONS ... I AM GOING TO VOMIT YOU OUT OF MY MOUTH." [Revelation 3:13,15,16]

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The article even appeard in our good ol' FRESNO BEE! Yeahah Central Valley Cali! They placed it right by an article on the Catholic Abuse Scandal. PERFECT!!!!! ;)

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ronin.1 wrote that the SL article was #3 in the TOP 25 Most-Emailed Articles at NY Times at 10:30 pm.. This is great news! Because when I checked it at 3 pm/EST Sunday, it was only #6 in line, so it has moved up 3 notches between 3 pm and 10:30 pm! http://www.nytimes.com/gst/pop_top.html
    -------------

Hawkaw said to email other newspaper reporters with this, but wouldn't newspapers automatically get over their "wires" articles like this from the NY Times? Remember that SL article that went out over the AP in the recent past... that same article ended up in oodles of newspapers around the country. Just curious how that works. In any event, thanks for the sample letter, Hawkaw.
    --------------

Question: A comment at the SilentLambs guestbook said there were pics of Bill, Barb AND Joe A. in The NY Times. Not having a hard-copy of the paper, is that true?
    ---------------

PD/One wrote:

they should have subtitles,highlighted orproperly located easy to spot key words
    I don't know if this person is joking or not, but actually that is (or was when I worked at a newspaper) standard procedure (to have the bold subtitles, especially in long articles). The reason being is that supposedly breaking up a long display of text with subtitles and/or pics will hold the reader's attention so they don't drift off to another article. The whole goal of a reporter, naturally, is to hold a reader's interest clear thru the end of an article, though that does not always happen. I remember in journalism class they said you should briefly cover all the main points (who-what-when-where-why-how) within the first two paragraphs, and then broaden out your coverage of those points in the proceeding paragraphs, since most people read headlines and maybe the first few paragraphs and then they move on to the next article. --- However, I doubt there will be that problem WITH THIS ARTICLE!!!
    ---------------

I thought this comment by Carl A. Raschke, the professor of religious studies, was a dead-ringer:

When a religion tries to be thoroughly holy or godly, it's not going to acknowledge that people aren't living up to the ideals of the faith."
    He might as well have said, THEY ARE GUILTY AS SIN!!
    ---------------

Lastly, I offer this in salute to Bill and Silent Lambs:

When people complained that Billy Sunday, the famous American prohibitionist preacher, was RUBBING the FUR the WRONG WAY, he retorted: "I SAY, LET THE CATS TURN AROUND."

Silent Lambs is certainly rubbing the FAT CATS at HQ the Wrong Way!
    Will they show the humility to repent and TURN AROUND?

Kind regards,
    Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit