NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silentlambs 93 Replies latest jw friends

• mindfield
    mindfield

Is there any possibility of receiving the New York Times in Canada? In Quebec? In this podunk little town?

And by the way Mr. Bowen, congrats. Getting in the NYT is one helluva achievement.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm checking in late but this is great to hear....

ash

• Salud
    Salud

Thanks Hawk,

Just sent it to the St. Petersburg Times. BTW they are going to be doing two major articles on shunning and pedophiles in the Tampa/St. Pete area in a week or so. I had one of the reporters come to my house and interview my wife and I.

• Swan
    Swan

Its on the web at http://www.nytimes.com/ under the National section. You will have to sign up for a free account if you haven't already.

Oops! Posted the wrong link. Here it is: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/11/national/11WITN.html

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 10 August 2002 20:2:34

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Looking forward to it, Bill.

For the life of me I still can't understand why they DF'd you. You're HELPING people....??? Keep up the good work. I mean, I do understand why (to protect their "unblemished" name) but it seems to me that disfellowshipping you blemishes their name more than the obvious fact that there are molesters among their ranks. Or maybe I'm just being too logical.

I've particulary found the outraged letters from current JW's to the GB very very interesting - keep them coming!!

Regards,

jason

• spider
  • SYN
    SYN

Hi Hawkaw,

I'm going to take a stab and see if I can get any local South African newspapers, such as the Sunday Independent or the News24 wires to run this...we'll see what happens!

PS. I'm always paying attention This is IMPORTANT STUFF after all!

• termite 35
    termite 35

I've just read the report on the NYT web site- congrats to Hawkaw and Bill on being behind a clear and hard hitting piece;this will reach so many, and give heart to many more.Thankyou

Im going to print it out and distribute it along side all the mags they leave in public places

Edited by - termite 35 on 10 August 2002 20:24:23

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Bill:

This is Ronin1, Worf's sister from Jamaica, Queens, NY.

As I send this post it is 9:12 P.M. Saturday, and I have already read the times article.

It has a feature where the reader can e-mail their remarks regarding the article.

I already did and am calling for the gov't to get those records from the Society on the child abuse/sexual abuse cases.

I encourage all who read the article to respond via e-mail to the New York Times.

Bill, great job!.

Ronin1

• Crystal
    Crystal

great job to you ronin!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit