NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silentlambs 93 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Thank you, hawkaw, for your info.

Sorry for saying this late but

Congratulations to the Not-so-Silent lambs and those* who have been working so hard with them!!!!!

*Those include Bill Bowen, Joe and Barbara Anderson, and many others.

• hungarian xjw
    hungarian xjw

Hi All!

I transleted the article to hungarian and put to hungarian xjw mailing list.

Z.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Flag!!!!!

Someone wanted Laurie's email? Well I do have it but I am NOT giving either one of them out.

The reaons why is simple. You just don't know how busy she is people and you don't need to Email her. You need to Email the Letters to the Editors at the Times.

Keep hitting them. Bomb them like we did the United Nations. Tell them - Big thank you and let them no your feelings in 150 words or less . They will not read it if its more than 150 words

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
    E-mail to [email protected]

OP-ED/EDITORIAL
    For information on Op-Ed submissions, call (212) 556-1831 or send article to [email protected]. To write to the editorial page editor, send to [email protected].

hawk

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What wonderful coverage for Bill and the Silentlambs, the more I read and see how much publicity is hitting the WTBS I can see that it must be making them cringe inside out. Everyone is publishing and writting letter and going gung hu, congratulations to all. I have several pamplets ready and envelopes prepared to send to the head quarters several days before the march. I think some one mentioned going to the neighbours and have them join in the march what a fantastic idea. YES YOU SILENTLAMBS ROAR ROAR SO THE WORLD KNOWS WHAT IS HIDDEN IN THE INNNER SACTION OF THE WTBS.

I was thinking, and it was just an idea, but have we begun to poke Jehovah in the eye?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

FLAG!!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I have already received links to this story from three of my non-exJW friends! Educate your "worldly" family and friends people! Let them rejoice with you in this victory! The fact that I was notified of this by non-exJW shows that there are people out there that care about what goes on in this organization. But they can only do so if you tell them. This article is so exciting! Right in their backyard! Woohoo!

• waiting
    waiting

Sometimes I read where we wonder if this stuff works.........IT DOES.

I went to an antique show in Charlotte, NC last week. About 3 months ago, I talked to a used book dealer there, looking for old WT books (he had none.) We talked some, and I told him about the problems, ie: shunning, child abuse, blood changes - and why the WT doesn't want people to have the Old Light. He already knew about organizations changing their story - and wanting to burn the evidence.

Anyway..........last week end, I went by his booth and he recognized me. Like he hasn't seen thousands of people since then. "I saved you some books." They were newer ones, but at .25, I felt obligated to get them. He said to me, "I watched that Dateline show about those child molesters. And ONE of them was STILL knocking at strangers' doors - looking like a Christian!"

I explained the WT policy to him and he said "But does the OTHER person know he's a molester?" I said the WT made no stipulation that the other person would know that they were introducing a child molester to their neighbors......or their own children.

Then he showed me a '70 bound Awake volume, saying "Here, take this. I don't want their crap in my booth."

THIS IS WORKING......and my short letter to the Editors will be there later today.

THANKS TO ALL WHO WORK SO MUCH HARDER THAN I DO.........YOU ALL ARE MAKING A LIFE CHANGE FOR MANY SURVIVORS AND FUTURE VICTIMS - who may never be victims.

waiting

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, here is my letter to the editor. Under 150 words and asks a question.

August 12, 2002

Letters to the Editor

New York Times

New York, New York

Dear sir/madame,

Re: August 11, 2002 NY Times Article on Jehovah's Witness Child Abuse

Ms. Goodstein's outstanding article indicated that the JWs retain a database of child rapists and require Elders to not report child abuse in States where no Clergy reporting law exists.

As noted in the JW doctrine (eg.- November 15, 1973 "The Watchtower" magazine, page 703), JW parents were not allowed to go to the authorities (until 2002) under threat of serious organization sanctions such as loss of their entire family to shunning.

Oddly, it seems that the JW leadership forgot that JW parents must, by law, report any possible child abuse in all US States. It appears the JW leadership created an environment of obstruction with a possible result of more kids being raped.

Does the NY Times have a duty to alert law enforcement to the database, and ensure that authorities investigate the potential thousands of unreported alleged child rapes and possible obstruction?

Yours truly,

(real name, addy, phone number)

• sf
    sf

Hey HawkEYE ,

I just got off the phone with my papers editors assistant (seems I can ever catch the editor). I told him that, with due respect, I did not understand why this was not in our paper yet. "Isn't OUR community worth this news, from NEW YORK TIMES?" He said that just because one person in the community thinks and feels a story should be printed...it doesn't work that way. It's a JUDGEMENT CALL he said. (I mean, what's up with that? A 'CHILD SEX ABUSE IN CHURCH' story from nyt DOESN'T make the local news) I said, "that is not acceptable. This story needs to be in EVERY PAPER IN AMERICA". He agreed to go to NEW YORK TIMES front webpage and read the story, yet promised nothing. I mentioned that he might possibly have an employee in the wire service dept that WAS a jw and was making these so-called 'judement calls' on what wired news they print.

Hawkaw, help me, again, please. I'll owe ya one.

sKally

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Damn I have lost your Email.

What do you need me for? Earlier in this thread I gave you guys an outline as to what to say to make it newsworthy, at least as a National Story. I just gave a letter to the editor.

Give me an Email sf and we shall blab.

I will suggest one thing - Don't ever say that JW wire service comment to anyone ever again. You basically shot yourself in the foot and lost credibility because us "worldly folks" don't have clue one about the JWs and would take offence to the comment.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit