NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silentlambs 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Crystal
    Crystal

Thanks for the tip coffee>>>maybe we should pick up a few extra ones and place on the door step of our local KH

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Wouldn't that be "Special". I would love to see the look on the early comers to the Sunday meeting if that was on their KH doorstep. I'll be at Starbucks tomorrow am!!!!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

i live in the middle of nowhere--will this copy run online? does the NYTimes publish an electronic version... will this article hit the 'wire' and be carried in other papers---very exciting!

i like playing offence---hillbilly

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I think we better call starbucks and tell them to put on another pot of coffee..

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

The NYT will be online, it should hit about midnight to 1am.

silentlambs

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Bill you are an incredible man. Thank you so much for the tip.

witchywoman

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Wow this great! Congratulations Silentlambs! Talk about taking the battle to them!

Expatbrit

• SYN
    SYN

This is incredible, because the New York Times is a very respected publication, even abroad in other countries, so this will have a serious impact.

So, Hawkaw, I finally know what you were hinting about all this time! Way to go Bill!

• Salud
    Salud

The New York Times can be purchased at any book store, most major grocery stores, most airport newspaper stands, every major city carry's it and some not so major ones.

I suggest getting extra copies for those ones that might have missed out. Just FYI the Sunday national edition runs around 4.75 but it is well worth it.

Also get your copy early in the AM because it has been my experience that by noon/mid-afternoon they are all gone.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Syn and everyone,

Send this news article every where or alert the news media that it is coming!. I didn't waste my time over the past 3 months with Bill, Barb, Joe et.al. to get this rolling.

Now get going and remember the article is by Laurie Goodstein.

Here is an example of an Email you can send:

------------------------------------------

News Alert - SUNDAY NY TIMES (AUG 11) REPORTS ON CHILD RAPE/COVER UP IN THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

The August 11 2002 edition of New York Times ( http://www.nytimes.com ) reports on the child abuse/cover up hitting the Jehovahs Witnesses Organization (the Watchtower). The Watchtower says they abhor child abuse, allow victims to seek the police and watch pedophiles who are also JWs closely when they door knock.

Yet, Laurie Goodstein at the NY Times finds victims being shunned and victimized by the Organization for going to the police, the Organization expelling and shunning child advocates while letting child rapists remain in the organization, and, the leadership requiring pedophiles to come to your door with untrained people and without your knowledge. Even the Catholics have not gone this far.

Why is this newsworthy? The Watchtower has over 105,000 JWs in Canada, 1 million in the USA and 6 million worldwide. Unlike other churches, JWs come in contact with every household in North America at least twice a year. That means thousands of people unknowingly come into contact with these door knocking JW pedophiles. Besides alerting the public, this story will help change a policy that has hurt 23,720 little kids according to child advocate, Bill Bowen ( www.silentlambs.org ) and the BBC TV show Panorama.

Please help with the thousands of kids who have been and will be victimized by this group and report Laurie Goodsteins New York Times story.

Thanks in advance and if you need victims or child advocates names and telephone numbers please contact me at the below telephone number/Email or Bill Bowen at [email protected].

xxxx

Kingston, Ontario,

Canada

xxx-xxx-xxxx

[email protected]

hawk

p.s Syn - glad you were paying attention

Edited by - hawkaw on 13 August 2002 15:37:37

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit