NEW YORK TIMES SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by silentlambs 93 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I just read the article and was surprised how long it was.

However, I didn't see any mention of the fact that those pedos are still going door to door, and that some are even still serving as elders. I also didn't see the website address of the silent lambs. Did I miss those??????

• LB
    LB

Well when I heard about this article I rushed out of the door this morning and headed 30 miles away to Barnes and Noble. Sure enough they had this mornings New York Times waiting for me. I traveled 30 miles but the paper traveled 3000. Mrs. LB wants me to laminate it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Its still on the fornt page of the web site.

Gotta love it.

Laurie has to write the article in a way that it was not covered on Dateline. Thus, nothing menetioned about the sickos going door to door.

Please contact as many reporters as possible and alert them to the story.

hawk

• COMF
    COMF

Got it! Barnes and Noble didn't even have a place for the NYT, and I drove all over this part of the country stopping at every Albertsons, Kroger, and strip mall checking the stands... no NYT, just Dallas Morning News and the local stuff, Cedar Hill weekly and so on.

Resigned to not having one, I started back home, when lo, a welcoming green glow appeared on the roadside to my left... a Starbucks! Like a star leading the way on a black night... I whipped in there and, sure enough, they had one. I got the last copy!

Edited by - COMF on 11 August 2002 20:36:29

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hey Conf,

My problem wasn't finding one.

In Kingston, Ontario, Canada the Sunday New York Times costs $ 7.45 plus 15 percent tax.

I bought 2. God damn expensive but worth it.

I can't believe they cost so much but it is the Sunday Times - biggest circulation of the week - 1.7 million plus (compared to the rest of the week which is at 1 to 1.1 million)

One is for me and one for someone else who will likely toss it but what the hell.

hawk

• LB
    LB

I have laminated the article. Do those two ladies post here? I wonder if they care to reveal if they do.

• one
    one

How will the WT reply?

They may place a FULL PAGE ad in the paper just like they did with tax issue in FRAnCE.

about those newspaper articles...

jw newspaper articles for dummies,

Most articles i have read so far lack something...

(according to the title, they should have subtitles, highlighted or properly located easy to spot key words)

'Who are contending'

'policy description'

'how it 'hides offenses''

sample case 1

sample case 2

'why ousted'

What is being done to...

-------------

twice a year? how about inner cities?

names other than PR director?

synonyms or other word to describe shunning"

(wt style)

PD

these people make a living just writting, i wonder what method they generally follow.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Bill and to all:

This is Ronin1 again.

It is now 10:28 pm this Sunday and I just left the New York Times website. Please note:

It has a feature known as a "Times News Tracker". If you sign up with your e-mail and put a topic, it will alert you by e-mail to any news item on your requested topic. It has a "Bill Bowen" create a tracker. So I again encourage all to go to the NYT site and sign up.

Also, it has a feature called the "Most E-mailed Articles" in the last 24 hours.

This Sunday's article on the JW Child Molesters ranked third (3rd) as the article readers e-mailed about in the last 24 hours.

Pretty impressive!!!

Ronin1

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

My partner just ran out to try and find a NYT. Figures, the one Sunday that I decide the crossword isn't really worth five bucks...

This is more ammo to use. I had some JWs doing streetwork outside my office on Thursday (mostly giving old copies of the WT and Awake to homeless people, who will then drop them up and down the street). When they asked if I'd like something to read, I said "Not unless you've changed your policy about sheltering child molesters." The older woman (obviously in charge of a couple of teen pioneers) said something to the effect of Dateline being onesided--and I pointed out that the BBC, the London Guardian, the Washington Post and our own Sac Bee had all reported the same thing--by which time they were backing away from the evil apostate. Now I can put the NYT at the top of the list.

We've got the "paper of record" for the entire nation reporting on this. Good work, Bill, Barbara, and all those not-so-silent-anymore-lambs.

Best,

Jankyn

• patio34
    patio34

This was priceless:

Carl A. Raschke, a professor of religious studies at the University of Denver who has written about the Jehovah's Witnesses, said the group was no different from many other insular religions that aspire to theological and moral purity.

"Groups that tend to be very tight-knit and in-grown historically have a higher incidence of sexual abuse and incest," Dr. Raschke said. "That's an ethnological fact. When a religion tries to be thoroughly holy or godly, it's not going to acknowledge that people aren't living up to the ideals of the faith."

Like a toenail, eh? In-grown! Maybe that's a sociological term, but it sure does give an instant picture of what the speaker means.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit