I MAY HAVE HIT BOTTOM

by BONEZZ 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

I am saddenned to hear what you are going through. I would urge you to talk with or write to your daughter and share your feelings. I don't think children realize these times are important to parents too.

When our oldest son got married, there were a lot of problems on her side. Her parents are divorced and remarried and there was a lot of quarreling over the wedding between her 2 sets of parents(they are not JWs). Anyway my son and his bride said they would just elope and stop the fighting. Both of her parents said they wouldn't have a problem with that. I spoke up and said I would have a problem. I was crying but begged them not to cut us out of this event. So they had a small ceremony and all the parents came, I was glad I said something.

Hope things improve for you.

Sadie

• Francois
    Francois

REBORN 2002

Robert King?

Now we have a name, how about a location? Some of us might like the opportunity to "adjust" Robert King's thinking.

Just an idle thought.

-francois

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    I ain't the one talking about murdering Jehovah's Witnesses the next time they come to the door. You people are simply trash. That's all there is to it. Pure trash. / You Know

You know,

I typically ignore your shit-stirring because you bore me to tears with your mumbling and grumbling.

But if you want to generalise and throw insults like that then expect to be attacked. You are very lucky for the protection the internet provides because when you make statements such as this many here would literally kick your scab-filled ass in real life.

You cowardly slimeball.

• ugg
    ugg

there are no words to express how saddened i am for you.....i am sending you a cyber hug,,,,and

i hope knowing that so many people understand and care,,,,will some how help a little....

• LB
    LB

Thanks for clearing all that up for us. LOL / You Know

Speaking of heartless bastards.

• JT
    JT

Barry says:

Dear Bonnezz, You should be able to go to the elders and talk to them and have the problem fixed and they should talk to youre daughter regardless of youre standing with the JWs. Dont feel bad there the ones with the problems not you .
    Barry

########

why would this poster give this man this type of advice, i can't believe how some former jw seem to forget everything they learned as jw.

His daughter right now due to her wt indoctrination feels and believes she is deciding between her dad and jehovah, -

everything that a jw does and learns is to put everything in the context of ===THIS IS THE WILL OF JAH

going to the elders will only result in this man GETTING A REAL ASS BEATING

any half bake elder will tell him :

1. with a smile on his face ----------------

"John I'm sorry to hear that but you have DRAWN away from jah, that was your choice and we are sure she was as hurt at seeing you leave Jah as you are at seeing her leave you out of her wedding

2. Perhaps this is a time for you to reevaluate what is really important to you YOUR INDEPENTANT SPIRIT or working with jah arrangement.

I would never tell any former jw to go and get the advice and help of A DAMN "CHEESE CRACKER"

handign out guy who has the day off from Walmart

NEVER SUBMITT YOURSELF TO THE ELDERS IN SUCH A MANNER

this maybe like for so many others part of the price that we have to pay for Freedom

for in order for him to be in the wedding esp if his daughter made her decision on the fact that HE WAS NOT OUR SORT

then he will have to go back to the wt routine and i don't think this guy needs or wants to do that

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Bonezz,

Looks like you've hit rock bottom and started to dig. If you ever need to chat, please don't hesitate to email me, I'm here for you man!

Take care of yourself,
    [SYN]

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hang in there, Bonezz. As you can see from all the postings, there are a lot of us who care for you and understand the pain you're going through. Religion aside, though (just for a moment, guys!), weddings and funerals traditionally bring out the worst in people. The important thing is to keep the lines of communication open with your daughter, and hopefully in the future you will be able to enjoy a loving, close relationship with her. The wedding event is merely 4 or 5 hours of hell that everyone has to go through. It's what comes after that's important. My own wedding was a total fiasco and if I had it to do over again I would have taken my dear husband's advice and eloped the day after he proposed. We had one set of controlling parents (mine) and one set of abusive yet neglectful parents (his). There was no way it was going to be a joyful occasion! However, the marriage has lasted 19 years so far, quite happily, and I can guarantee that your daughter will bitterly regret how she is treating you right now. As for your sanity, I REALLY understand that!!!! I recently quit going to meetings and I've had to start seeing a psychologist to cope with the overwhelming feelings that come from leaving a very controlling situation. On the one hand I feel more free and relaxed, and on the other hand I have panic attacks about leaving. Stay close to your doctor and plan a treat for yourself after the wedding - maybe take a trip to renew your soul and help center yourself. YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON. YOU ARE A GOOD PARENT. YOUR DAUGHTER WILL REALIZE THAT BUT IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME. (P.S. If you want to have a little fun, get her a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" for a wedding present - with no card attached - and watch the reactions when the presents are unwrapped and passed around!)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Bonezz,

I cannot tell you how sad I am. I'm so so sorry. I'm getting married this fall to a wonderful, wonderful man. I asked my JW father to give me away...he said no. I even offered to have a civil ceremony in a non-religious venue. He still said no. So I understand your pain to a certain extent...just a little backwards I guess. So my uncle is giving me away and my parents won't even be at the ceremony. I used to console myself with "It's their loss, not mine." But unfortunately it's ALL our losses. I hate this man-made organization as much as you do. I'm truly sorry.

Andi

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Guys, why always does it have to come down to profanity whenever there is a disagreement?

To You Know

Are you happy about what Bonezz is going through? Bonezz is very much broken hearted and depressed. You probably read the list of medication that he has been taking. At times like this no matter what he did in the past, I think he deserves a warm and sincere words, don't you think so?

You Know, as a humble Christian, I think you should apologize to Bonezz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit